Help in Illinois

State and local government assistance programs.
lp141
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help in Illinois

Post by lp141 »

So much for Cook County Illinois giving any sort of help !! Ive called for assistance with ComEd and Nico billsr. Both give a recording to call back during business hours ..... I WAS CALLING DURING BUSINESS HOURS ! I have paid taxes all my damn life, paying for this person and that person to cheat the system and make a living off the government (our taxes) The one damn time I need help, all I get is the run around. These last couple of phone calls were the last straw ..... Ive tried getting medical assistance, SNAP assistance and its the same damn thing with that. Im not looking to make a career out of government help. Never had to ask for help my entire life. Its real easy to help others live off it though, it was taken directly out of my paycheck. Maybe if I was an illegal I wouldn't be having such a hard time.

I know its not your fault, but Im angry as hell.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help in Illinois

Post by Admin »

Call these non-profits and community action agencies in Cook County. They have programs for energy bills, including ComEd and Nico. You do need to keep making phone calls, and keep plugging away. There is no quick answer.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
For example, your options include the Community and Economic Development Association of Cook County, Inc.. Phone (312) 795-884. Ask about the LIHEAP crisis assistance program, which helps prevent a disconnection.
Another option may be the Cook County Salvation Army (773-725-1100)
All of these have energy and crisis assistance programs for energy bills.
lp141 wrote:So much for Cook County Illinois giving any sort of help !! Ive called for assistance with ComEd and Nico billsr. Both give a recording to call back during business hours ..... I WAS CALLING DURING BUSINESS HOURS ! I have paid taxes all my damn life, paying for this person and that person to cheat the system and make a living off the government (our taxes) The one damn time I need help, all I get is the run around. These last couple of phone calls were the last straw ..... Ive tried getting medical assistance, SNAP assistance and its the same damn thing with that. Im not looking to make a career out of government help. Never had to ask for help my entire life. Its real easy to help others live off it though, it was taken directly out of my paycheck. Maybe if I was an illegal I wouldn't be having such a hard time.

I know its not your fault, but Im angry as hell.
Indra

Post by Indra »

We have 4 children and we are struggling. Can't pay bills. Or car is dead. Its now impossible to get anywhere. I an struggling to keep food in the house during the end of the month. And I'm having trouble with utilities and getting then clothes. I need help and to make matters worse, I live with bed bugs because my Landlord won't help me.

I try but I need the place exterminated. My children are traumatized. Its very sad. My husband is disabled but not collecting. I get state aide from Illinois and search for work daily. We also have to move right after Christmas. And I don't know where we are going to go. I'd would like to give then a rain to smile before things get very hard for them.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The state aid will not normally cover furniture or those other items you mentioned. However, the state of Illinois will offer food, from both SNAP as well as pantries. It is great you are searching for work too, and maybe a case manager can help with that process too. In the meantime, find more on public aid in Illinois.
J Bush

Post by J Bush »

I am looking for an agency for my infirm mother, recovering from cancer and has many medical problems, being evicted from where she is currently living. She is on social security and is a senior but does not collect enough to cover rent. She does receive food stamps. Also for my brother, born in 1978, he is on social security disability and is currently homeless, he is mentally ill.
My mother is trying to find a place for both of them close to public transportation as neither has a car (my mother does not drive). They live in the Kane Co IL area. If you know of places that will provide housing assistance immediately please notify me by email ASAP.
Ben Tate

Post by Ben Tate »

I need help with rent and electric. I had a roommate in Illinois who helped me with these things, but as of the 15th of May the roommate has moved. I am on fixed income of $803 monthly and rent is $665 a month. Electric runs from $35- $45 month, maybe more since weather is getting hotter and hotter and will need to run air conditioner more. Any help would be appreciated.  
Thank you,
Dianna