Senior assistance programs

State and local government assistance programs.
Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Senior assistance programs

Post by Smith »

I am requesting information regarding my senior citizen, elderly parents. Both parents are in there mid 70's and live on a fixed income, the home is heated by propane and the cost per month is almost half of their income they get as seniors from their pension and social security... They struggle to pay the propane bill during the winter, are there any programs that will help in San Juan County? (Farmington, NM 87401)Any information would be greatly appreciated...
March

Re: Senior assistance programs

Post by March »

Yes my mother and father are elderly and just had their lights shut off can you assist them in any way their names are Patrick and Phoebe . the story is that their electricity bill money had been stolen so this is why their electricity got shut off can you assist them in any way. any senior programs? Your appreciation to this matter will be greatly apreciated and thanked for.
gerry.heffer

Post by gerry.heffer »

Hi, I need help! A senior on SSD, electric has been shut off since 10-10-10, need to get back home but need help with the electric and some help if possible in repairs to manufactured home in a park, I'm also trying to avoid foreclosures and have already rec'd the certified letter from the tax assessor.. I do have someone who is moving in as a roommate to help out but won't move in until electric is back on.I didn't know which one(s) I could apply for. Thank you for your time and trouble, the phone number is where I've been staying while out of electric and ill. I Thanks again for your time,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Is Farmington in San Juan? If so, here is some details on places to turn to for help with propane, heating bills, and other aid. There are options like the San Juan County Partnership, and other utility and energy programs such as Farmington Electric Utility System. The programs are usually open to apply to in the winter, but sometimes aid is offered throuhout the year as well. They are defintely worth looking into in the New Mexico area.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Smith wrote:I am requesting information regarding my senior citizen, elderly parents. Both parents are in there mid 70's and live on a fixed income, the home is heated by propane and the cost per month is almost half of their income they get as seniors from their pension and social security... They struggle to pay the propane bill during the winter, are there any programs that will help in San Juan County? (Farmington, NM 87401)Any information would be greatly appreciated...
Beamer

Post by Beamer »

My husband was just diagnoses with stage three systolic/diastolic heart failure on 7/14. He was hospitalized for fourteen days They say it was from a virus not vascular. We are behind on all our bills and exhausted most local organizations. He wears a life vest due to sudden cardiac death and I am concerned about my electricity bill and the shut off notice We pay $97 for our premium for Minnesota Care and $3 a visit and prescription. He is now on a strict diet fresh fruits and vegetables. We go to have the talk about the need for more care in August but are in the protocol phase to see if medications help. They are unable to increase his heart medications to the ideal level due to his low blood pressure. I don't know what to do I need financial help. My car is clanking when it shifts gears. We live about 40 miles one way from the cardiac/heart failure unit He is only 62 years old, nondrinker. I am working full time at a computer company. We are in financial distress along with emotional duress. Please email me. My cell phone is also due to be shut and it my only contact to his doctors. Please help me or find someone that can I am begging you. We have been married a long time and if I can take his worry over these things he can focus on trying to heal and live while he is trying to live. I cant save him and its devastating to me.
ASorkin

Post by ASorkin »

To whom it may concern:
Good day. I am writing this as a concerned friend. He is a senior citizen a GODLYMAN that needs help and assistance. I saw online about the various government assistance about Adults senior that offers job aid for 55 years old and above, health care for people without money and insurance as well as free legal assistance.
The following are the details of my prayers and plea:
1. Medical & pharmaceutical - He has totally nothing to pay for his health issues nor to buy medicines. He has heart, nose, eyes and arthritis issues. Always dizzy almost fainting, vomiting and most of the time in pain.
2. He needs a job. He has been constantly applying for a job but no luck. I firmly believe if given the chance it will keep him busy gives him relief from stress, worries & anxiety thus will give him good health and help him in his financial needs.
Has a degree in Nursing. Hobbies are a wedding planner. He is somehow a writer for blogs, has a good voice like a newscaster. Intelligent, smart, well rounded, easy to get along with & not to mention result/goal oriented person that can work with minimum supervision or no supervision at all.
3. Legal aid. Injustice .
With all this said I'm sure you understand why I'm so worried about this person since he is all alone and nobody to help.
We all have our own test of FAITH in this life and that is where Christianity and love for one another comes in.
God Bless and More Power. My heartfelt gratitude in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, there are job programs, resources for people over the age of 55, and seniors in general. Look into SCSEP and other programs, and try an Agency on Aging center as well. As far as the legal aid, that tends to be more dependent on income vs. age, but it sounds like they may still qualify. Find more details on assistance programs for senior citizens.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Brand New to the area and my fiance leaves us so now I'm a Single. I am a senior mother who needs to apply for assistance with food, shelter, insurance for my children and myself as well, if possible. My children and I are currently staying with a friend but it's very temporary. We don't even have a vehicle anymore. I do plan on working but like I said, I just got here and everything fell apart, and it is hard for someone to hire a senior.
KellyAnn

Post by KellyAnn »

Dear Sir, I am a senior citizen a resident of Cincinnati Ohio. I am a graduate student and unemployed only depending on rental income. Our air conditioning is not good and the heating system is very old is unrepairable and non-efficient. My wife is also a senior citizen looking for assistance -0 she lives with me in the same house. I request you kindly to help us by replacing the furnace with new heating and cooling system.
Sincerely,
Josette Ciceron

Post by Josette Ciceron »

My name is Rodney O. Baskin. I live in Richmond, Texas. My wife and I are senior citizens and are looking for agencies that can help us with rent and medication assistance. Both of us do have Medicare Advantage Plans, but there are 2 --tier 3 and above medications that I must take that are extremely expensive, that I could use financial help with. Also, we moved to Texas, in March 2020 at the beginning of the Covid pandemic. The apartment that we moved into continues to increase monthly rent payments, and we are hoping to lease a house with a more affordable monthly rent payment sometime this year that gives assistance to seniors. We are also wondering if there are resources that can help us to move, when we are ready to. It would be greatly appreciated if we could help me with these needs.