Assistance and help in San Diego

State and local government assistance programs.
lizkennedy

Assistance and help in San Diego

Post by lizkennedy »

where can I go in San Diego to get help with paying for food and rent, and even my other bills and debts.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assistance and help in San Diego

Post by Admin »

lizkennedy wrote:where can I go in San Diego to get help with paying for food and rent, and even my other bills and debts.
Hi,
The San Diego Food Bank is probably the best place to go for food and grocery assistance in San Diego.

http://www.sandiegofoodbank.org/
Jeanette

Post by Jeanette »

We had a medical emergency. My husband hurt his hand very badly. He had to get 27 stitches and is a machinist by trade. He has been out of work for a few days and the medical bills have been outrageous. We are trying to recover. I work full time but it isn't enough alone to handle the bills, high rent in San Diego, car note and kids. I am seriously stressing. Do you know of any programs that can help us out? I have proof of all medical bills etc.
Cincy

Post by Cincy »

I am a disabled veteran in San Diego making 700.00 dollars a month to care for two boys I have to leave where im staying in 10 days. I have to move back to my old house. My husband has ripped apart the house. I cant fix it but I have no shower curtain kitchen utilities pots and pans washer or dryer(its hard to go to laundrymats due to loss of most of right hand) sweeper bath towels kitchen towels and dish rags sheets bed spreads and most important an agency to come in and clean the dust from the place which is very bad for my health. thank you and please contact me
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have dozens of agencies and non-profits listed in San Diego. Many also do focus on helping veterans and/or the disabled, and it sounds like you fall into both buckets. Some places, namely clothing closets, will also have those household type goods you need, such as pots and pans. They may offer them to you at a low price, or provide you with vouchers or financial aid to buy them. They may offer you other funds as well to supplement your income. Anyway, find more details on our San Diego programs. Click here.
Intel

Post by Intel »

Hello, I am an unemployed single mother of 5 and I am in desperate need of some help.
My husband passed away two years ago and things have gotten bad to worse. I am facing eviction in San Diego, I can barely feed my children and the only income I receive is monthly checks from my husband's social security benefits which is not enough. I don't even know how I'm going you be able to buy my children their school supplies.
You are my last hope, please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you can barely feed your children, then try one of the food pantries in San Diego. The are scattered all around the county. They can give you some groceries to last several days for you and your kids. Also inquire in CalFresh food stamps.
Intel wrote: in San Diego, I can barely feed my children and the only income I receive is monthly checks from my husband's social security benefits which is not enough.