Help paying all bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Irene
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help paying all bills

Post by Irene »

MY WIFE LOST HER JOB IN 2009 AND HAVE NOT FOUND A JOB AS OF YET BUT DECIDED TO RETURN BACK TO SCHOOL. I AM A TOTAL DISABLE VETERAN AND MY SERVICE-CONNECTED DISABILITIES KEEPS ME FROM WORKING. WE HAVE FOUR CHILDREN AGES 13, 10, 07, AND 04 WHICH ARE IN SCHOOL AS WELL AND WE LIVE IN MILWAUKEE WISCONSIN. THIS MAKES US A HOUSEHOLD OF SIX. WE ARE BEHIND ON OUR ELECTRIC, CAR PAYMENTS ETC. I PAY WHAT I CAN OUT FROM MY DISABILITY COMPENSATION NOW I WE FIND OURSELVES IN NEED OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR BILLS AND FOOD. CAN SOMEONE OR ORGANIZATION PLEASE HELP MY FAMILY AND MYSELF.
Burton

Post by Burton »

I need just about anything and everything. Food, transportation, help fixing my home, paying bills, my water was shut off, I have no income, I need my dentures replaced or fitted/repaired, dog and cat food as well as spay & neutering, help paying my property taxes before I lose my home, help on doing a simple probate, etc.:
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Without having a focused need for help, then we think go to the main site and research the thousands of phone numbers and programs we have listed there. It is help with bills. We have everything from charities to government programs, both local, state, and federal. So many options for the needy are listed there.
Burton wrote:I need just about anything and everything. Food, transportation, help fixing my home, paying bills, my water was shut off, I have no income, I need my dentures replaced or fitted/repaired, dog and cat food as well as spay & neutering, help paying my property taxes before I lose my home, help on doing a simple probate, etc.:
Redwine

Post by Redwine »

Hello,
I've been unemployed for some time now since the local Coors distributor let me go in March, and because of a mistake during filing, I have not received my unemployment benefits for awhile now (they told me it could be up to 8 WEEKS before they even decide if I get anything...I've interviewed and been offered a job with the local taxi company's, once I pass the chauffeur's license test. I SHOULD start there in a week or two - long hours, but decent money to help me get back on track. My water bill and electric bill are past due and I am facing disconnect with both in a couple weeks (before my first paycheck will arrive). We've been barely surviving on my live-in girlfriend's unemployment, but the meager $144/week they give us only buys a few groceries and gas for our vehicles. I am also about 4 months behind on my mortgage and now facing foreclosure and Chapter 7 bankruptcy... We really need help with our $160 water bill (Indiana American Water) and $370 electric bill (JCREMC) which are scheduled to be shut off on October 17th and 25th (my birthday) respectively. I have plates due ($122) on October 21st, and our combined cell phone bill (Verizon) of $375 is looming and will be shut off on the 11th of October if we can't pay the past due amount of $185 by then - we need our phones to keep in contact with our potential employers, but keeping the electricity and water on is our TOP concern. I've tried to research things online, but it is a challenging maze to find the right programs. I've begged the above companies to give me a little more time until I can get a paycheck, but they have their limits apparently. I hope you can help us get through this difficult time. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, that really is all bills. We recommend phone bill being lower priority. You first need to pay mortgage, rent, utilities, and get food. Housing and food are always rated higher. Get a cheap prepaid phone plan or card if need be.
Locate all of our programs for help with bills here. Did you try any of the new government mortgage programs for people who have lost their jobs, like hardest hit fund or others. Definitely keep asking your creditors for time, and ask about payment plans too, so you pay a little towards bills over a period of time.
Redwine wrote:Hello,
I've been unemployed for some time now since the local Coors distributor let me go in March, and because of a mistake during filing, I have not received my unemployment benefits for awhile now (they told me it could be up to 8 WEEKS before they even decide if I get anything...I've interviewed and been offered a job with the local taxi company's, once I pass the chauffeur's license test. I SHOULD start there in a week or two - long hours, but decent money to help me get back on track. My water bill and electric bill are past due and I am facing disconnect with both in a couple weeks (before my first paycheck will arrive). We've been barely surviving on my live-in girlfriend's unemployment, but the meager $144/week they give us only buys a few groceries and gas for our vehicles. I am also about 4 months behind on my mortgage and now facing foreclosure and Chapter 7 bankruptcy... We really need help with our $160 water bill (Indiana American Water) and $370 electric bill (JCREMC) which are scheduled to be shut off on October 17th and 25th (my birthday) respectively. I have plates due ($122) on October 21st, and our combined cell phone bill (Verizon) of $375 is looming and will be shut off on the 11th of October if we can't pay the past due amount of $185 by then - we need our phones to keep in contact with our potential employers, but keeping the electricity and water on is our TOP concern. I've tried to research things online, but it is a challenging maze to find the right programs. I've begged the above companies to give me a little more time until I can get a paycheck, but they have their limits apparently. I hope you can help us get through this difficult time. Sincerely,
Tweed

Post by Tweed »

1.Rent. 2.Electric. 3.Water. 4.medical insurance(physician's office visit and medications). 5.Phone. 6.Foods(I applied food stamp,but I am not received yet.It is almost one month now)::I have no income at all since June,2011 which I got attack by a patient(I was working at the hospital at that time),Workers' Compensation would not pay me my lost wages,and terminated my health insurance due to could not pay,because no income.I need further treatment and medications.Yet,can not go,and no medications.Then,my employer terminated me because my temporary medical reason which related with an injury at work place.I can not pay my rent which already owe my landlord for 3 months,and this coming month.No money to pay all of bills,gasoline,and all of household expenses.I really need for somebody's help.It is electric final notice due date today(10/26).
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not sure what to say to your items # 1 through 6. Obviously that is quite extensive help that you need. Your best bet is more than likely just using the main site of need help with bills. You will find rent, electric, and water bill assistance programs. Phone bills are harder to get help for, but we do have some programs. We have extensive listings of free food banks and pantries, so that is good news.
Tweed wrote:1.Rent. 2.Electric. 3.Water. 4.medical insurance(physician's office visit and medications). 5.Phone. 6.Foods(I applied food stamp,but I am not received yet.It is almost one month now)::I have no income at all since June,2011 which I got attack by a patient(I was working at the hospital at that time),Workers' Compensation would not pay me my lost wages,and terminated my health insurance due to could not pay,because no income.I need further treatment and medications.Yet,can not go,and no medications.Then,my employer terminated me because my temporary medical reason which related with an injury at work place.I can not pay my rent which already owe my landlord for 3 months,and this coming month.No money to pay all of bills,gasoline,and all of household expenses.I really need for somebody's help.It is electric final notice due date today(10/26).
Margerie

Post by Margerie »

Recently i have gotten behind on all my bills. Currently i am negative 700 in the bank and owe too much in bills. Reasons being is about seven months ago i found out that i have RA in my feet and legs. Well being a sous chef and being on my feet. it tends to be difficult. I have been trying and trying to get disability rolling, but its a grueling process. then, about three weeks ago my father had a heart attack. well my family has never had much. my dad got layed off, and my mom runs a day care, but not much pay. so when he was in the hospital i was driving from osage beach to Waynesville to pick my mom up, to Springfield where my dad was. Gas isn't cheap. Without thinking about it i was helping them with their medical bills and other bills. To which has really gotten me behind. Not to mention on top of all this. I have taken into my home one of my friends from high school. He served in Iraq. When he came back he was depressed and started using drugs. I took him in and helped him to clean up. Currently trying to find him a job, but has been rough. The good news is hes been sober for 6 months!! To make things negative again. I haven't seen my girlfriend in over a month due to cant afford gas. I am truly scared i may be evicted, or power turned off. Ive pawned all i can. Cancelled all the extras and am still struggling. Please if there is ANYONE that could help, it would be a blessing. Im embarrassed to ask for this of anyone. I pray everyday, and have an awesome relationship with the Lord. I always know everything will work out, and am thankful for what i do have. Im just scared i may lose that also. God Bless
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try calling your local community action agency in Illinois for job counseling and resume reviews. They can help you get back on your feet and situated. In addition, they may have some short term financial assistance or other cash aid for you. Find more Illinois assistance programs and get details on their services.
Margerie wrote:Recently i have gotten behind on all my bills. Currently i am negative 700 in the bank and owe too much in bills. Reasons being is about seven months ago i found out that i have RA in my feet and legs. Well being a sous chef and being on my feet. it tends to be difficult. I have been trying and trying to get disability rolling, but its a grueling process. then, about three weeks ago my father had a heart attack. well my family has never had much. my dad got layed off, and my mom runs a day care, but not much pay. so when he was in the hospital i was driving from osage beach to Waynesville to pick my mom up, to Springfield where my dad was. Gas isn't cheap. Without thinking about it i was helping them with their medical bills and other bills. To which has really gotten me behind. Not to mention on top of all this. I have taken into my home one of my friends from high school. He served in Iraq. When he came back he was depressed and started using drugs. I took him in and helped him to clean up. Currently trying to find him a job, but has been rough. The good news is hes been sober for 6 months!! To make things negative again. I haven't seen my girlfriend in over a month due to cant afford gas. I am truly scared i may be evicted, or power turned off. Ive pawned all i can. Cancelled all the extras and am still struggling. Please if there is ANYONE that could help, it would be a blessing. Im embarrassed to ask for this of anyone. I pray everyday, and have an awesome relationship with the Lord. I always know everything will work out, and am thankful for what i do have. Im just scared i may lose that also. God Bless
Annies Emerald

Post by Annies Emerald »

We are behind on all of our bills including rent, power, water, car insurance and a car note due to my husband recently being laid off. We don't even have gas for him to find a new job. We live in Houston Texas and we have 2 small children and are trying our hardest to find help so we can provide for them just until we get on our feet. We've never had to go this far and never ask anyone for help but we are severely desperate at this point. If there was a way for us to get any kind of help it would help us a lot. Our kids are our world and we need help bad. Thank you very much.
Scarlett1

Post by Scarlett1 »

Hello, I'm disabled and I have my 13 year old son that I'm responsible for taking care of. We are basically homeless and without transportation. We currently receive no help. No Medicaid, food stamps, or any other help. I've heard that we can get Medicaid, food stamps, and help with getting into a home. Would you please give me some direction in which way to go and how to get this much needed help. Thank You and I look forward to hearing from you.
Bravo

Post by Bravo »

I am writing to you because I lost my Job and we are not able to meet most of our bills. We were meeting our bills until this happened now we are going to start going down hill. I need help with Rent, Electric and our car payment.

I just don't know what to do. I don't want to lose my internet or TV also because I need the internet to find a job and TV to make sure what is going on and to look for school closings and news if anything happens in school. I just want to keep in good standings with my bills. I am so depressed my husband is under stress and he is fighting prostate cancer on top of that and the radiation therapy hurt him with his back but he has to keep on going since I lost my job. I feel helpless and do not know where to turn. Can someone please help. And this is so hard with the Holidays being here Thank you for the Advice.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, there is no such thing as car payment assistance. But maybe you can find some programs for your energy bills. Also, there is no way you should have internet or TV. Those are wants and not needs. You need some serious budget counseling if that is where your mind is at. Have you ever heard of free computers at job centers, the library, hotels, and countless other places you can use. Anyway, we have a comprehensive listing of programs for unpaid bills, and click here more information.
Doglover12

Post by Doglover12 »

I was fired on my 60th birthday from the local College. My husband is disabled with a chronic condition and I have had to cobra my insurance for him. Although I am receiving unemployment it will run out within the next few months. Soon thereafter our savings will be gone. I have sent out hundreds of applications and gone on several interviews I have not had any offers. I scared to death that my husband and I will be penniless and homeless for Christmas. I am a proud woman and am not looking for a handout. If I can make it until April 2016 I can qualify for social security. Please help us!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You mentioned you are applying for disability. Did you get it? The process can be long in Mississippi and really anywhere. It is great that you sent out hundreds of applications, and with the economy doing much better hopefully you landed a job by now. As far as those other bills, here is a comprehensive listing of the disability programs in Mississippi. Read more.