Atlanta Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
tombelirady

Atlanta Assistance

Post by tombelirady »

I need help and assistance in Atlanta with my rent, utility bills, medical care, and more. Please let me know what I can do for help with these debts and bills
lorendep

Re: Atlanta Assistance

Post by lorendep »

tombelirady wrote:I need help and assistance in Atlanta with my rent, utility bills, medical care, and more. Please let me know what I can do for help with these debts and bills
Go to the main site using thel llnk in the top left, click to find assistance, and view the state aid and assistance link to find Atlanta and Georgia assistance.
chrissy.cassidy

Georgia and Atlanta assistance

Post by chrissy.cassidy »

Here is a bunch of info on assistance programs and more in Georgia and Atlanta.
http://dfcs.dhr.georgia.gov/portal/site ... 01010aRCRD
Weather
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Post by Weather »

Rental, electricity, internet and phone (at home students online), cell phone (we need both types of phones due to medical and school purposes). Rent is due on the 15th and we also have furniture we need to rent till we can pay it off due to no other options for furniture. We lost a certain amount of income that was paying for it but now we have to figure something out as soon as possible. I Recently Moved In My Own Home in Ohio With My 4 Kids For The First Time. This is my First Time Renting I Rented My Home In Feb. And The Day After I Rented my home My Grandmother Died Whom I Have Been Taking Care Of. She Had Been In A Rehabilitation Center In Cleveland. I was Getting a Place So She Can Come Home With Us However I Got That Call That I Needed To Get To The Hospital. She Was Already Dead. I Guess What I Am Trying To Say Is I Am 20 Years Old My Rent Is 825 I Did Not Pay My Rent For The Month Of March On Behalf Of I had To Pay For My Grandmother Funeral And Other Expenses We Are From Michigan So I Had To Travel Back In Forth. And My Rent Is Due This Month On The 16 Of April I Really Need Help. Please. To Avoid Getting Evicted. Thanks In God Bless.
Igotthis

Post by Igotthis »

Thank you for your reply. I am in Georgia (Dekalb county) outside Atlanta, and like I indicated, I don't believe there are any resources left in Dekalb county for me that I have not already used. That's why I was hoping there might be some state run agencies available. Besides rent and utility assistance (especially rent since I have not paid August yet) I have been chronically unemployed for more than a year and need help with job placement as well.
It's gotten quite frustrating to say the least since I have been an office professional for nearly 20 years and have two college degrees, but nearly everything seems to back to knowing someone in the GA job market. But any further references in addition to the ones already provided would be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Two college degrees is impressive. The job market in DeKalb Coutny as well as the city of Atlanta itself Georgia is picking up, so maybe something will open up for you soon. The resources are always limited, but you need to continue to call around and try as funding always comes and goes for rent and other bills. For additional information on programs in DeKalb, try this for information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogr1.html
esminka

Re: Atlanta Assistance looking for utility money

Post by esminka »

Hello Good Morning,
My name is Tenisha and I am and new mom of my one year old son Casey. I currently reside in Atlanta, Georgia and in desperate need of some type of financial assistance regarding my bills, mostly utility. I'm awaiting the job hiring process for a federal position and was let go in my recent work due to Covid and being a single mom. I don’t get any assistance besides food stamps but no child support or any other means of income. I would be beyond grateful for anyone to reach out regarding help of any kind whether Atlanta light or power or something else. Thank you so much in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Atlanta Assistance looking for utility money

Post by Admin »

Hi Tenisha
We have financial resources listed for Atlanta and all of GA, including for utility bills. There is FACAA community action grants, LIHEAP, Action Ministries and other programs to try for gas and light bill help, and look here for emergency help in Atlanta GA. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rogr1.html
esminka wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 pm Hello Good Morning,
My name is Tenisha and I am and new mom of my one year old son Casey. I currently reside in Atlanta, Georgia and in desperate need of some type of financial assistance regarding my bills, mostly utility.