Check from social security administration

State and local government assistance programs.
Game day
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Check from social security administration

Post by Game day »

We had to cancel our debit card b/c NetZero Internet scammed us for over $100 in unauthorized, inexplicable fees. We only have our Social Security deposits, our monthly SSI payment and our debit card. Even though we ordered a new debit card, the debit card company says they cannot accept Social Security direct deposits for 2 months. We've talked to numerous Social Security reps. Some tell us they will send us regular checks for August & September 2016 until we get our new debit card set up for them to again direct deposit our SSI payment. Then we'll get a letter from Social Security thanking us for setting up direct deposit with them (which I don't know why they're thanking us for that since we've done that for years until this NetZero overdraft fiasco).
If Social Security does not send us a regular check, we will be on the streets by the first part of January because of NetZero's scamming, our debit card company's refusal to allow Social Security to direct deposit to our new card for 2 months, and Social Security's inability to tell us whether or not they're sending us checks for next 2 months or not. We are at our wits' end. Trying to find out what is available in the event we need it. Also are beginning to look for homes for our 2 pets, which we love like children. Please help!
lp141

Re: Check from social security administration

Post by lp141 »

Hello, My husband, myself and our 2 boys ages 11 weeks, and 16 months got evicted from our apartment. We live on social security administration checks. We currently do not have a place to go. We do own a house but the house is not livable no electric, no utilities inside, no walls.. We are staying at motels but it is expensive and I am unable to find another motel that is less expensive, this is not a stable living situation at all, nor safe for the kids. We really need help in every way mostly with finding affordable housing. I do get food stamps and social security administration payment checks so I am okay with food, and formula. There will also be no Christmas this year for the boys, do you help with that? We really just need help, I do not know what to do at all. I suffer from depression and anxiety, I am just very overwhelmed right now I do not know where to turn, we have no family or friends here or even anyone to turn too at this point. Please help my family!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Check from social security administration

Post by Admin »

Yes, social security is not often enough to pay the bills. But we have other government and non-profit resources listed too. Maybe they can help you? We have them listed by state. Find government financial assistance programs.