Ohio programs and resources

State and local government assistance programs.
Chipper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Ohio programs and resources

Post by Chipper »

I have 3 kids and my husband in jail. I have not been able to look for a job because the babysitter is too expensive for 3 kids. I own two months of rent in my house if I don't pay the house will go foreclosure. My 4 year old boy love's his house in Cuyahoga County Ohio. He never wants to go nowhere just here in this house playing with toys. My husband comes back this Friday and does not have a job. I also have a two year old boy and the 9 year old girl. Please help me I've been worried about it for almost two weeks. I really don't know what to do but I trust God that he will provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ohio programs and resources

Post by Admin »

You weren't very clear on what you need help with. Is it rent, legal aid for the person coming back from prison, or something else? Anyway, we do have extensive information on assistance programs and financial aid in Ohio. It includes day care subsidies for baby sitters, rental programs, and much more. Even job training in Ohio. Anyway, find more Ohio programs.
Ramsey

Post by Ramsey »

Hello, I am contacting you on behalf of a friend that has too much pride to ask for help. He recently loss is job and has been denied unemployment in Ohio. He is currently appealing the decision but in the meantime he is not able to pay his rent, utilities and car insurance. I wanted to take matters in my own hands and contact this organization asking for help. My friend is a very good person, just in a bad situation and I would like for him to see that their are people in this world who cares about the well being of another individual. Thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Never worry about asking for help. The economy, especially in Toledo Ohio, is still weak, and many families need a little support for the first time ever. There are programs from community action for rent or utilities, but help for insurance doesn't exist. So have your friend apply to these programs from Toledo community action agency.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

I live in FL but am reaching out for help for a friend of mine who lives in Columbus, OH. He is literally in a fight for his life and is desperate need of assistance. He has been trying to work and make ends meat but has hit a very low point in his life. His wife has taken everything and has had his car taken and utilities shut off.
To top all that off his desperation and depression has weighed on him so heavily that a week and a half ago he tried to take his own life. He is out of the hospital and is living in a home with no utilities. He wants to turn his life around but doesn't know where to turn. I myself do not have the funding to assist him and feel helpless to get him back on my feet. Any information or assistance for such a kind hearted man that he is would be more than appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Cuomo

Post by Cuomo »

Hello,
I live in Akron, Ohio. I live in a house that I rent with my two young daughters. Recently, my hours have been cut at work and its been hard paying my bills. I wanted to find out if there are any organizations in my area that may help with rent assistance and utility assistance. I have been trying to get on PIPP but I keep getting a message that all the appointments are filled. I would really appreciate any help that I could get. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have information on resources for every single County and own in Ohio. We also have statewide programs too, such as HEAP. So that is the good news. If your hours have been cut, then look for another job, or sign up for the job training services. Also, utility companies do offer PIPP as you said, and find financial aid in Ohio.
Stevie99

Post by Stevie99 »

Hi, I am a resident of Butler County, Ohio. I currently reside in Fairfield, Oh. I am requesting assistance with paying my electric bill and possibly help with some of my rent. I recently lost a good paying job and we have been struggling to keep up financially. I have two small children to care for also. Thank you for your time and any help you can give.
Alexa Gates

Post by Alexa Gates »

I am a mother of two living in Butler County in Ohio, along with the father of my children. Both him and I just started new employment and are currently have multiple bills to pay. With waiting for the first paychecks we have noticed we will be unable to make all of the rent this month (625$) we are in search of assistance to help pay this one month of rent.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

find a list of the Butler County assistance programs that may help you and the two of you. But if you have a paycheck coming that is great news, as it will help you get that rent and financial help you need for just the one month.
Alexa Gates wrote:I am a mother of two living in Butler County in Ohio, along with the father of my children. Both him and I just started new employment and are currently have multiple bills to pay. With waiting for the first paychecks we have noticed we will be unable to make all of the rent this month (625$) we are in search of assistance to help pay this one month of rent.
Pat19

Post by Pat19 »

I really hope you can help me in the Cuyahoga County area Ohio with emergency housing assistance,
for there or for Lorain County , North Ridgeville. I was in need assistance coming up with the down payment to move in to a place I have found. Some help on first month's rent, also. The total would exceed $1,000 to move in. With my low paying jobs, it just hasn't been feasible.
It is needed desperately in order to leave an abusive housing situation that has taken a toll on my health for years. There is an income source through work, but it is not sufficient.
I only have about $60.00 left in the world, other than a very small ROTH IRA which is for retirement only.
I am single, never married, 50 years old and no children!
Please do not give me phone numbers to call but, rather, some emails of who to speak to. I have contacted the county and they never got back on this issue.
Harley Dean

Post by Harley Dean »

Hello,
My name is Kisha and I host a prayer room on Facebook for people in Ohio.
I love your site. Thank you. I’ve shared it and it’s just very helpful. Someone I pray with; her van is broken, and she can’t yet afford to get it looked at. She may be elder as well or over 50 years of age, but I’m not sure. Are there any resources in Akron OH that may be able to help her in some way? Work with her to get it to a repair shop where it may be evaluated?
Any help or direction you can provide would be excellent. Thank you for sharing your resources, gifts and talents.