On disability since 2010

State and local government assistance programs.
aura
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

On disability since 2010

Post by aura »

I have been on SSI/SSD disability since 2010.
My accident was May 29, 2007.
 My daughter bought the house that I am living in 3 days PRIOR to a head on collision in Gainesville FL.
My daughter pays ALL of my expenses and I give her everything I possibly can. I have not rec’d food stamps since March 2015.
I’ve got 2 dogs because I have a profound documented hearing loss worsened by the accident. My medication was deterring me from finding employment.
Now, I don’t take the medication because it wasn’t helping my pain. (Mothers’ day). I am having substantial pain and will most likely end up with a diluted pump. I am allergies to Morphine. I would benefit greatly from a Hot tub, but I am afraid to add that burden to her already high GRU bill. I lost my job of 12 years in October 2015, after being on disability since 2010.  My rent was pre-paid in November 2015 until June 2016. It was a severance gift due to a work mans’ comp demand on the part time employers’ end. She was ordered to can me to have a bonded individual who could receive the wages legally. Had I taken the job I would have lost my SS disability benefit. I am indigent, I have never live on $ 752/month.
All of my adult life. Today a neighbor helped me to dig up a wet area in my back yard. Recently, however when I did laundry, there would be standing water.  It is a cast iron pipe which connects to a septic tank. I don’t dare do Laundry at home.
The odor is offensive, and I always thought that we had a charge from the City on the GRU bill, why then is this situation allowed to be here now? Did the Seller of the property cheat??       Why is GRU charging for Sewage? I am not going to bathe or Flush because this pipe is quite close to a brand new pad & AC unit she installed prior to moving to JAX. This is hard.
Is there some sort of assistance available to me? She is out of town for the next several weeks on business. (She doesn’t have the resources available to repair this plumbing, right now either). She had to live here with me until 3 years. ago.  I live alone now, because her job created a position for her in Duval County.
She is a 38 year old, 2 mortgages, (158,000+/-) on my home. (I never was told what she financed for her home in Duval CO). And I haven’t dared to ask…I found out last week she is holding $25,000.00 In CC Debt, (some of that is my car repairs, dental and things social security doesn’t OR WON’T pay for)
She also has her Student Loans ($60,000) debt; re-entering school in Knoxville, TN. She needs this month to obtain her Doctorates degree. She had to withdraw funds to get registered, $10,000.00 out of her pension fund in March.
The bulk of her job is COURT & Driving, so I was relieved when she said the bulk of her classes would be online or satellite classes.
She just had to replace 2 state of the Art hearing Aides at a cost of $ 12,000.00 out of pocket. She is in Court and has to have them to do her job. I am very concerned about her Burden. I wish I could do something to pay down her debt but my disability doe not support it, even though I have been on it since 2010. Maybe I will be able to find a job once this medication and new doctor decides what to do with me. I don’t want to be immobile, and I need a routine and schedule. I like my privileges. The man who hit me had no License. He died the next day @ 40 years old.
I had had major splenectomy &   1 ½ of my pancreas removed 6 month prior to the auto accident. I hadn’t been released by the Doctor to return to work. Social Security is horrible.  5 years after the accident my teeth began breaking off, I have 17 left. This is horribly embarrassing. I hate my life.
Sophia Leone

Re: On disability since 2010

Post by Sophia Leone »

I'm a disabled person who is going to need help paying for rent, debts and loans before I have only 3 months and I will be broke and nowhere to live. I have been on disability since 2010 to 2011. I have an extension with the housing assistance until the end of June to find a low income place to live. At the end of July I have to move out of my apartment where I lived for 12 1/2 years. I can't find a place where I have to be for rental help if I don't find anything I'm on my own and have to reapply for housing assistance. I'm also waiting for an ALJ. Hearing for benefits. I have been trying to get that hearing moved up .They don't care about me losing everything in my apartment and my car that I have to pay off. I have no one in the United States that will help me I will be going homeless pretty soon. Please!! Please help me. I don't get why nobody helps out a disabled person who never thought I was going to be in situations at all. Thank you for listening I hope to here rom you soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Disability never pays all the bills. It is not mean too. Since you have 3 months to prepare, try to increase your income. Or cut back on expenses. At home part time job for money, or maybe live with family. And here are other resources to try. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... stanc.html
Sophia Leone wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:05 am I'm a disabled person who is going to need help paying for rent, debts and loans before I have only 3 months and I will be broke and nowhere to live. I have been on disability since 2010 to 2011.
Goniners

Post by Goniners »

Sorry to bother you. I can imagine how busy you all are. I just am lost at where to go to first there are so many places and organizations and people to help however I don’t know where to begin. I have been on disability since 2010. I is overwhelming for me to a point I just don’t ask for the help. But I am currently awaiting my disability approval and have not been working much since covid.
I did work some before but also had my disabilities, since 2010. I had my mental health and health conditions. I rent a house by myself now and I just can’t do it alone and or how expensive it is with no income. I Have been barely making it since 2010 and have gotten some help a few times but the stress is killing me literally and I just want to know maybe there is low income housing I am even trying to find a roommate and move out of this tiny house to accommodate but then I have a deposit and well I came up with rent last month and it’s due.
Again in two weeks and I try and pick up cleaning jobs and help few friends I know for cash and I just need led in the right direction. I don’t want to waste anyone's time with all my issues at all. I have a shut off on my mud gas and water and just paid my oppd but not completely and I just can’t keep up anymore so any help or advice or direction would be more than appreciated. I’m in Omaha Nebraska and in Douglas county if that helps. My phone number. Any help I will be truly grateful. Thank you for your time and all that you do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, there are many organizations. Call them to see what they can offer you - someone on disability since 2010. We can't speak for them or anyone. Call/contact the agencies in Florida. Do the work. Regardless, look here for free grant money for the disabled in Florida.
Goniners wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:21 am Sorry to bother you. I can imagine how busy you all are. I just am lost at where to go to first there are so many places and organizations and people to help however I don’t know where to begin. I have been on disability since 2010.