St. Petersburg Florida Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
jMacdouglas1

St. Petersburg Florida Assistance

Post by jMacdouglas1 »

I am a single woman living in St Pete Florida. I am currently experiencing some minor health issues and lost my job due to cutbacks in September. My umemployment is exhausted and it is hard enough to find a job when you are healthy let alone not. I am hoping this is temporary and can get back to work in the next few months. In the meantime, I cannot pay bills, have only been paying rent and necessities and am now completely out of ideas. I need help with credit card debt, rent, food, electric, phone bill, etc. I have no children or dependents so I do not qualify for aid. Please help with any suggestions, I am one step away from being homeless. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, cheryladams30@hotmail.com
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: St. Petersburg Florida Assistance

Post by Admin »

jMacdouglas1 wrote:I am a single woman living in St Pete Florida. I am currently experiencing some minor health issues and lost my job due to cutbacks in September. My umemployment is exhausted and it is hard enough to find a job when you are healthy let alone not. I am hoping this is temporary and can get back to work in the next few months. In the meantime, I cannot pay bills, have only been paying rent and necessities and am now completely out of ideas. I need help with credit card debt, rent, food, electric, phone bill, etc. I have no children or dependents so I do not qualify for aid. Please help with any suggestions, I am one step away from being homeless. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, cheryladams30@hotmail.com
The government extended unemployment benefits, so take advantage of that. Also, look for a roomate if you are single and living alone. That will cut most of your major expenses, such as rent and utility bills, in half or even more if more than one roomate. A quick and easy 50% recution in expenses.
19Butterly

Post by 19Butterly »

need help with rent or utility due to had to put my mother in nursing home and her husband is disable and cant afford to pay all the bills due to the nursing home took his wife ssi check for fee there and that left him with not much to pay rent and lights. Would there be a way he could get help with rent or lights. i am his daughter in l. ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE CAREGIVER FOR THEM , I WORK PT AND MY HUSBAND DONT CANT FIND WORK. SO WE CAN ONLY HELP WHEN CAN CAUSE WE HAVE BILLS WE HAVE TO PAY TOO. ANY ASSISTANCE WILL BE GREAT WE LIVE IN St. PETES FLORIDA.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Nursing homes can be paid for by government aid like Medicaid. Did you look into that? That would free up your cash to pay rent and energy bills. St. Petersburg does have several agencies you can contact, and click here for a listing of agencies. Several emergency assistance programs also operate in the region, so maybe those are your best option.
19Butterly wrote:need help with rent or utility due to had to put my mother in nursing home and her husband is disable and cant afford to pay all the bills due to the nursing home took his wife ssi check for fee there and that left him with not much to pay rent and lights. Would there be a way he could get help with rent or lights. i am his daughter in l. ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE CAREGIVER FOR THEM , I WORK PT AND MY HUSBAND DONT CANT FIND WORK. SO WE CAN ONLY HELP WHEN CAN CAUSE WE HAVE BILLS WE HAVE TO PAY TOO. ANY ASSISTANCE WILL BE GREAT WE LIVE IN St. PETES FLORIDA.
SeeMe

Post by SeeMe »

Housing assistance needed as kids & I are currently living in a pay by the week extended stay hotel in St. Petersburg Florida area. I also need Resume help, child care subsidy, credit counseling &/or bankruptcy counseling, legal advice (civil), and financial assistance to finish my college degree, & MOST IMPORTANTLY, Transportation assistance or donation. It takes an act of God to just GET to a single job interview! How on earth can I expect five days of concurrent miracles To occur.
Girl34

Post by Girl34 »

To whom it may concern,
 need help in paying rent and bills in St. Petersburg Florida. I was dismissed from my school program, and I 've been able to find a job. I will be transferring to another state for school because I would like to continue my journey with achieving my degree. I tried to get out my lease in St. Petersburg Florida, but they said that I need to pay for one more month of rent here. I also need help with the new place that I'm looking into in the other state. I never received help, because I also had a decent job to pay my bills, but now I feel like everything is not working out the way it should be. I have proof that I've been searching for work, but I still have not had any luck. I'm currently in the state of Florida and planning to relocate to the state of New Jersey by March 1st because I will be starting school over there.
I just feel really stuck right now because I don't have any money. I still want to achieve my dream, but I just keep running into issues. I had to borrow money to pay for my rent this month, and I feel like I'm in so much debt right now. I hope that I could receive some help because I feel hopeless right now.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you tried your local community action agency in Florida? If not, look into their services. They give free grants, have information on job placement, and so much more. They are free to use too, and find community action agencies in Florida here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... agenc.html
Girl34 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:35 am To whom it may concern,
 need help in paying rent and bills in St. Petersburg Florida.