Suffering from a melanoma

State and local government assistance programs.
Molly Ring
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Suffering from a melanoma

Post by Molly Ring »

I am writing to you in hopes of getting some help for my Uncle. He was just
Recently diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma. It was found in his brain. For the past six months or so he
Has had many personality changes as well as just being forgetful and almost like he had given up on life. Our family thought he was suffering from a very deep depression. One day he just didn't feel right so he was taken into the ER. A CT scan revealed a kiwi sized tumor on the frontal lobe. Needless to say, he was admitted into the ICU at Mercy San Juan where he would undergo brain surgery the next week to try and biopsy the tumor. As soon as they got in to his skull, they knew it was cancer.
He is now resting at home the best he can but has a huge road ahead of him. He is expected to start chemo and radiation next week. Due to the location of the tumor, it explains why he was having so many psychological changes. This caused him to lose his job almost two months ago. At this time, he does not need any assistance with medical bills, but he is about the be evicted from his home due to the fact that he can't pay his rent. His electricity and water are also being threatened to be shut off. He has never leaned on anyone for financial assistance before so this is all very new to him.
Since he is still really tired and weak I offered to take over and try to get some help for him. I really want to be able to take that pressure off so that he can focus of the fight for his life. Please let me know if you can help and if there any other avenues I can try. Prayers would also be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and your prayers.
Santelli

Re: Suffering from a melanoma

Post by Santelli »

Good morning. My name is Dianne. My husband and I are in need of financial help for the melanoma I am suffering from. Right now we both are in bankruptcy due to medical bills. We both are a little bit over a year into them, with timely payments. We have one income, due to my short term disability leave. My benefits, for this, have not kicked in yet. When they do, it will be very little. I have melanoma and had an excision, graphing, and lymph node biopsy. I still have to go to an oncologist in a couple of weeks to check on the cancer / melanoma. Money is tight and bills are piling up. We are in a house that we are renting. We want to buy it and have until the end of August to get the money. Otherwise, we have to find a new place to live. Please help us with this. We would gladly pay it back as soon as possible. We don't know what to do. I am due to return to work on June 23rd. We just need a little help. If not, could you please let me know of anyone that could help? Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suffering from a melanoma

Post by Admin »

If you need help with existing medical bills from the melanoma, then look into credit counseling.
If you need assistance for future treatment, then try underinsured health care plans and assistance.
Santelli wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:44 am Good morning. My name is Dianne. My husband and I are in need of financial help for the melanoma I am suffering from. Right now we both are in bankruptcy due to medical bills.