On Medicaid and disability benefits

State and local government assistance programs.
MARLEYBRINX
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

On Medicaid and disability benefits

Post by MARLEYBRINX »

My brother, Ronnie, is on Medicaid with a heart problem. His father passed away leaving him a house and a shop. With his heart problem he is currently applying for disability benefits with the state of Alaska. I called to get his electricity turned on and GVEA wants a deposit of $1200. It was explained that it is an average of the normal bill which is around $500 to $900 dollars because there is a shop on the same meter. I am willing to put the electric under my name, Ashley, and will focus on getting it paid every month. But we can afford $1200 plus a payment plus the Medicaid bills from his disability. We have hooked up a generator right now, but it doesn't do very much, and we are worried about what happens when the weather gets worse. Please help us or direct me somewhere that does help the disabled who get Medicaid benefits. Sincerely Ashley Halverson 
IsabellaTaylor

Re: On Medicaid and disability benefits

Post by IsabellaTaylor »

Hello,
Our family needs assistance helping my brother. He has several major health issues requiring surgeries and he is on Medicaid as well as disabled and applying for it. He hasn't been able to eat for over a year surviving only on ensure and water. He has a condition of his esophagus which makes him vomit in his sleep causing aspiration pneumonia 12 times in 13 months. He has applied for disability and been denied and is waiting on the answer from his appeal. He has no income and is not able to work thus his Medicaid. The doctor will not operate on him without insurance, not even Medicaid. He is fairly young (54) year old man and should be able to live some silence of a quality of life. He worked hard all of his life and paid into the system and now he is practically on his death bed and get no help. Please tell me how we can get his surgery performed to save his life!!!
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: On Medicaid and disability benefits

Post by Admin »

There are many state and national programs for the disabled, whether they are on Medicaid or not. We have a long list of them that you two can apply too. Note the application process is usually long and needs to go through SSA. But if/when approved it may help you. Find more information on disability cash aid near you.