Senior citizen who lives only on SSDI

State and local government assistance programs.
Marjory
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Senior citizen who lives only on SSDI

Post by Marjory » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:17 pm

I am 63 1/2 years old, so a senior citizen but I live on SSDI. I have a limited income through SSD/SSI. $9,060.00 annual.
I receive approximately $50.00 monthly for Food Stamps.
I have recently been told that I have severe sleep apnea and I need additional oxygen with the CPAP machine at night. I have also been using an in home oxygen machine since January 2017, when I came home from the hospital. I had pneumonia and spent 6 days there. My current situation is having a grant amount from Metro Action Commission, of $450.00 which they give to senior citizens who live on SSDI. I can't reapply until late next year. July's electric bill was $115.00.
And I am convinced that it wasn't all the hot weather. I have insulation issues with my apartment and I can't fix them myself. I live at Nashville TN 37211-5077. South Brook Community. My government phone number is below. I am inquiring about the LIHEAP Program for senior citizens who only have an income on SSDI .Or anything else that I might be able to get in the way of regular assistance for my electric bill needs. Thank you for your support