Help needed in Idaho for bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Rose
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help needed in Idaho for bills

Post by Rose »

My husband is on winter lay off and we have exhausted our savings and are having difficulty paying our rent and utilities. He is working a temporary job in Idaho, but the money is a lot less than his normal pay, sometimes not even receiving a full work week. We still owe half a months rent for October. Our electric bill is due in 5 days and our son needs clothing and some supplies still for school. I also attend school online full time. We haven't been in this kind of situation for many years and don't know what to do.
Welch

Re: Help needed in Idaho for bills

Post by Welch »

Hello,
I am trying to get some information for my Mom. She will be moving to Nampa Idaho and will need help paying for her living expenses. We are wondering if there is certain amount of time that she has to live in the state to qualify for assistance. Any help with this information would be greatly appreciated.
Gomez56

Post by Gomez56 »

I am a single mother, of a two year old. I have been in my apartment for almost a year after moving to Idaho to live a simpler life. I work full time, but I get no child support, and his bio father has been MIA since he was born.
I have had some serious car issues, medical issues, and even working full time I can't keep up with the bills! Rent is going to be seemingly impossible to pay the next three months and section 8 says they are not taking applicants... I'm behind on my car payment because I had to pay for day care so I could go to work. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several options to try in the state, and they are listed here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Also, if the dad is MIA, look into custody payments as he is obligated to make them.
Gomez56 wrote:I am a single mother, of a two year old. I have been in my apartment for almost a year after moving to Idaho to live a simpler life. I work full time, but I get no child support, and his bio father has been MIA since he was born.
I have had some serious car issues, medical issues, and even working full time I can't keep up with the bills! Rent is going to be seemingly impossible to pay the next three months and section 8 says they are not taking applicants... I'm behind on my car payment because I had to pay for day care so I could go to work. Please help.
Mccant

Post by Mccant »

Good afternoon,
My husband and I are new to Idaho. We live in the Nampa area and were relocated through his current employer. I applied for many jobs and was able to secure an on call position that I enjoy, however, the pay is very little. Much smaller than I anticipated, so much so, that there is no guarantee how much I will be paid and how often. Knowing this could present a problem for us financially I continued to search for full time jobs, while keeping the on call position I secured. I have been labeled as overqualified throughout my search for a full time job; then, by the grace of God, I found one! I have my third interview Monday, June 10th! However, they informed me that I would start July 15th.
My husband and I are doing the very best we can to stay afloat and are in need of temporary help with rent, utilities, and gas in Idaho. I found a food bank not too far from us to help us gather what we need for food. We have a teenage girl, whom is staying with her grandparents in CO until we are afloat again, and we have a sweet Labrador retriever. We have been through tough times before but nothing this severe. We never imagined it could get this bad someday. We each have zero dollars in our bank accounts. We used the last of our money, $30, to put gas in my husband's car so he can make it to work today.
We are in desperate need right now and are praying there is someone who can help us. Again, we will only need help for a short time. Please advise.
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Maxies Snuggle

Post by Maxies Snuggle »

My name is Terry and I live in Idaho.
And I am reaching out to you today because I know of this single mom 31 with 3 kids ages 13, box 11, girl 6 girl.
That need some emergency help...
Her name is Lyndis Delaney. And she lives in Donnelly Idaho...
She's amazing hard working mom. That every dime she made went to pay rent at $900.00 a month. Which left nothing else for her or her children.. It took both checks to cover rent.
She recently had to quit her job due to degenerative disc disease. That prevents her from working.. and her and her children are now faced with losing their home.. that she worked extra shifts and sleepless nights. To put a roof over their heads. She would go without food just to make sure her little ones ate.....
With the holidays coming up and now no income for this family I fear they will become homeless.  She tries to catch a ride to Donnelly Idaho's food bank but they just can't catch a break..
This is utterly amazing family that desperately needs a little help. Please. I've tried to reach out to people and organizations here in Idaho and no luck.
She's truly the hardest working mom I've ever seen. No drugs no alcohol nothing like that. Just a case of rough luck and she needs help with her bills.
Is there anything you can do to help this young lady and her 3 kids out or even make their holidays a little brighter and a little less stressful for this amazing family. Kids shouldn't worry about these things and they do. Cause they see there's nothing they can do to help their mom with her now overwhelmed plate full. Not can she stand to see the worry in them.. please I beg of you. I'm not. Looking for ashamed out...I'm asking you to help give them a hand up..
Again, her name is Lyndis and she is in Idaho. Please help me help them. Thank you for your time. Terry
Thank you
Mike Wirth

Post by Mike Wirth »

Hello,
I am looking for emergency assistance on paying my utilities & rent in Post Falls Idaho.
Can you please guide me to some resources?
My March rent needs to be paid no later than this coming Tuesday or I'll be receiving an eviction notice.
You can email me here or call my cellphone.