Fired for missing work due to sickness

State and local government assistance programs.
LonelyPeople
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Fired for missing work due to sickness

Post by LonelyPeople »

Husband and I both got sick and I was fired. I am behind on rent by $435 plus a $200 fee for filing for eviction. Eviction date is 5/23 and have called Salvation Army, NSO, Churches, etc. No one has any funding and we have no one to help us and no where to go. We both are good hard workers. He still has his job but after child support and medical and working over 50+ hours a week he brings home less than $200 a week. I was fired for being sick and we have gotten so far behind and just can't catch up. We are currently without electricity also but have NOTHING.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fired for missing work due to sickness

Post by Admin »

Well, people get fired for calling in sick. If you are implying there is more to the story and it was illegal, then there may be steps you can take. There are attorneys that can hear your care for free. But they can't help you with the money you need. Anyway, locate more lawyers to try for legal aid.
Scott Chhn

Post by Scott Chhn »

I'm a single mother of 4 being having a difficult time seeking employment. I was fired for being ill, and then I just recently had a baby so it’s been very rough trying to find another job. Al I want is my kids to have something for Christmas this year. I know with faith I will seek employment but it’s not in due time I'm reaching out to some programs that will help me and my family this year while I am out of work. I'm grateful with anything kind of help I can get. This will mean a lot to me, my children.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How were you fired for being ill? Generally that is illegal unless there were some circumstances that you are leaving out. Such as poor performance, way excessive absences, no doctor note, etc. So there is something not adding up with your statement. Also if you are a single mom with 4 kids already, terrible decision to get pregnant again. You are bring those kids into a life of hardship/poverty. As far as your other request, here are Christmas programs in Hamilton County Tennessee.
Scott Chhn wrote:I'm a single mother of 4 being having a difficult time seeking employment. I was fired for being ill, and then I just recently had a baby so it’s been very rough trying to find another job. Al I want is my kids to have something for Christmas this year.
Verbal12

Post by Verbal12 »

Hello, my name is Morgan. I have 2 kids, Raynee (2) and Jaxon (7). My boyfriend and Raynees father also resides with us. We are struggling to make ends meet this month after recovering financially after the holidays. My partner, Rex, is a road construction worker for Vrana Construction amnd he was fired for missing work. He was planning on being able to go back to work this week with the nice weather we are having but unforeseen circumstances on vranas behalf are not allowing that to happen. His unemployment he receives while being laid off (paid for by Vrana) are not cutting it and we are late and short (about $500) on our rent. Bills are adding and piling up and we both feel like we're drowning due to the sickness and firing. Rent, at this point, is at our highest priority. Could you point us in any direction to get assistance? We are willing to make a donation to the cause to help someone else in need once our finances are straight again. Please feel free to contact me via email, or telephone. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about your husband being fired from Vrana. There may be some legal issues there, but in the meantime try the Baltimore Salvation Army emergency financial aid programs.
If you are struggling, but willing to volunteer and give back for the sake of your 2 kids, the Salvation Army is often a good resource.
Verbal12 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 am Hello, my name is Morgan. I have 2 kids, Raynee (2) and Jaxon (7). My boyfriend and Raynees father also resides with us. We are struggling to make ends meet this month after recovering financially after the holidays. My partner, Rex, is a road construction worker for Vrana Construction amnd he was fired for missing work.