Leukemia patient

State and local government assistance programs.
TCBad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Leukemia patient

Post by TCBad »

Recently diagnosed with Leukemia. I am doing daily Chemotherapy and am unable to pay housing and utilities. Was working less due to illness w/out treatment. I am behind on rent and barely able to afford the gas for my daily treatment. I relied on overtime to make ends meet, especially since getting sick. My work has paid me this month, but will reducing my pay by 60%...I support a 3 year old and 2 teenagers in addition to myself. I am looking for some help to get caught up until I can figure something out. Thank you for your consideration.
TMobileuser
anti spam: Blue

Re: Leukemia patient

Post by TMobileuser »

Our electric was shutoff in May due to the extremes of last winter and unexpected car repairs. We have went all summer without electric and trying to get help thru the local agencies but no one will help. The United Way wanted us to pay our bill and then they would give us $100 to put towards it. I was nice and didn't say what I was thinking. But if I had $800.00 to pay my bill, I wouldn't need your measly $100.00.
Area5 told me that they could not help me because the electric was already cut off and that they would not pay a reconnect fee. I am a disabled Desert Storm Veteran and I am on disability due to Leukemia. My wife works to jobs and we are on a limited income. We scrounge and rearrange money so we can pay our bills each month. We pay all our bills, but can't afford $200 and $300 a month for heating thru the winter. We do not have any luxuries.
We pay our lot rent, phone, food, car insurance, storage, car gas. When we were at United Way they asked us if we signed up for food stamps. I told her that in the past I did, but they said that we make too much. She took our information and look on the computer. She said that we did not qualify. She told me that if my wife would quit one of her jobs that we would qualify. But if she quit the other job then we could not afford our other bills. We do not have cable TV, but I would like to have cable internet back. That was the only luxury we had.
Back to the income thing. They just look at gross, but they do not take into account how much they take out for taxes and other bills. If you make a Million Dollars and then they take away all your money but one penny, you are still poor. Sorry but we are poor with Leukemia, we don't have the money to buy a extra vowel "o". If there is anyway someone can help it would be much appreciated.
MetaWorldPeace
anti spam: Blue

Post by MetaWorldPeace »

Hi, my daughter was diagnosed with AML high risk leukemia September 3 and we been here in the hospital ever since. The over 3 month due to that I haven't been able to work. We are from Mill Brook AL and we are at children hospitals Birmingham AL.
Any help I would appreciated. I have never been through this situation before and I would love to get Christmas for them. I have a 16 month daughter and an almost 4 year old daughter. Also she is the one with leukemia.
Intel

Post by Intel »

Hello....I am in remission from LEUKEMIA and now I have been diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer and will have surgery on August 17th. While going through the leukemia I ended up homeless and lost my vehicle and everything. I bought a good use car and a drunk driver hit and ran and I only jad liability. I can get it fixed for about 600 bit I am on disability.
Thebeagle

Post by Thebeagle »

My 7 year old son Garrett was diagnosed with ALL leukemia. I am looking for help with rent. I work as a cook in Wooster Ohio and make roughly $300 per week. A few months back when we were behind on bills, I went and got a car title loan for $3000. I have a 2012 Impala valued at around $8000. This was a huge mistake. My plan was to pay the loan off at tax time when I usually receive around $7000. A month before tax time I was informed by the IRS that I had been audited for the year 2015 and had to repay $6900. So, my taxes for this year went to pay that back. I am now paying $460 a month on the loan and the balance of the loan stays at $3400. Which means there is not enough left to pay the bills. This is our only family car and we cannot lose it as it is the transportation to get Garrett to all his appointments at Akron Children's Hospital an hour away from where we live. Kimberly and I have been a couple for 24 years and have 6 children. Garrett being the youngest with Leukemia . The 3 oldest have moved out and started their own families. Still at home are 3 children. I am desperate to get out of this situation. It’s like throwing $460 in the trash every month. Please help we desperately need it asap. I have been late on the rent the last 3 months and think the landlord is getting fed up with it. Today is Aug 1st and rent being due again and I don't have it. Hopefully your organization can help us, or you know someone who could with Leukemia bills. Any consideration would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Wooster Ohio 44691.