Money for mental health treatments

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Nicole Doshi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Money for mental health treatments

Post by Nicole Doshi »

Hi-
I've read over the website and not sure if anything is offered for someone like myself that needs help paying for mental health treatments. Single woman made $34,000 last year.
I have $3600 on a credit card from a brain treatment (neurofeedback) and will be having surgery in July and have a $2700 high deductible plan. Among other bills not health related ($4900 high interest in 6 months).
Just struggling with my mental health treatments, my endometriosis surgery coming up and paying rent as a single person.
Is there any program I can apply for?
Jada Kai

Re: Money for mental health treatments

Post by Jada Kai »

Hello,
My name is Melody and my dad passed away January 29, 2022 from Covid pneumonia. I am struggling mentally and need money for mental health treatments. He resided in Laredo, Tx with his wife Rosie. He was in the hospital for roughly a month and received multiple treatments and was on a ventilator for over a week until his passing. My dad’s wife, Rosie had him on her medical insurance from work (not sure which one) but still has outrageous medical bills to pay. She is now a widow left to carry all the financial burdens and medical bills. Are there any organizations, ministries, or government grants that would help her with the Covid medical bills for mental health treatments? Thank you.
- Melody
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Melody,
Some (not all) community clinics offer mental health therapy. Or a department of social service (public aid) will offer it. They can provide free or low cost counseling, treatment, and more. Maybe try them? As the need for mental health services is very, very high these days. Learn more on and find a free walk in clinic.
Jada Kai wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:53 am Hello,
My name is Melody and my dad passed away January 29, 2022 from Covid pneumonia. I am struggling mentally and need money for mental health treatments. He resided in Laredo, Tx with his wife Rosie. He was in the hospital for roughly a month and received multiple treatments and was on a ventilator for over a week until his passing. My dad’s wife, Rosie had him on her medical insurance from work (not sure which one) but still has outrageous medical bills to pay. She is now a widow left to carry all the financial burdens and medical bills. Are there any organizations, ministries, or government grants that would help her with the Covid medical bills for mental health treatments? Thank you.
- Melody
Mendez

Post by Mendez »

Hello,
My name is Tim. I need help with mental health treatment. I have had some medical and mental health issues for my whole life that have finally been understood and diagnosed being from an early childhood sexual abuse situation. I have struggled every step of my existence to keep it together and have come to a place where I consider myself fortunate because I finally own a house that has a mortgage and I have a decent job that makes about 50,000 a year but that doesn’t go far in San Diego CA. I am a Veteran of the USAF and try to save money, but mostly have to live from paycheck to paycheck while I put money into my retirement funds. So I need money to pay for this treatment.
The new medical information I received through mental health testing leaves me with a huge choice. My medical HMO does not do much as far as treating the damage to my brain and body over my 49 years now that was caused from the early childhood abuse. There is a new hospital that runs out of Florida that has a parent facility that has been treating these issues for many years in Israel but now from the United States as well. I am desperately trying to go for this new proven treatment but it costs 45,000 dollars for the 4 month total treatment process. I have been granted the ability by work to take the leave of absence but still must find a way to pay for the treatment. Maybe being a newer treatment is the reason it is not covered by my insurance but it is absolutely necessary because it can heal so much of the damage caused by my brain and body not working properly for all of these years. I feel there is no reason to even save for retirement under the circumstances because my health will continue to decline due to the blood vessel damage and lack of proper function to my nervous system.
Do you have any ideas to get money for mental health treatment, or direction for me to look for help paying the overwhelming bill that this treatment will create ? Do I pay the bill and get the treatment and risk going into default and losing everything because of the inability to keep up at that rate ? Any and all suggestions are welcomed ! I’m desperate and sad that at this point in our existence that a medical process that can diminish so much suffering can cost so much to the one in need. Thank you for your website and I hope I can find some help there.
Sincerely, Tim
PrestonJames

Post by PrestonJames »

Hello,
I am writing to you regarding money for mental health treatment as well as rent and security deposit. I need to move out my place as soon as possible, as I will most probably will become homeless. I am having hard time with my living situation is going to make me loose my sanity as my mental health is already bad. The property where I live is getting very unsafe for me to live here and I have PTSD. The property Manager her apartment is under my apartment and she lives with her son with he is in his fifths, he has a lot of mental health issues and I believe he drinks too. They are having a lot of problems and she called police on him few days ago couple of times. And he puts on loud Music.
I can not report her to her supervisor as she has been with them for a long time. And I believe she and also the property management will find ways to get rid of me. I need to move out as soon as I can to prevent this from going crazy or becoming homeless. I am receiving SSDI due to my mental health which I also use for treatment but I do not have enough funds to move out. I am in need of rent Security deposit. Can you please help me with this?.