In appeals process of disability

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Whitney
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

In appeals process of disability

Post by Whitney »

My disability benefits have been stopped and I am in the appeals process of the medical decision to return to work and stopping benefits. In the meantime I have no income and I am terrified of losing my only safe place. I have so many health care needs that the appeal of my disability is impacting. I have been able to maintain a healthy lifestyle living with my bipolar last 10 years after so many years growing up and living struggling with this disorder. Please anything to help keep my safety piece of mind during this period of test and growth.
EdM
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: In appeals process of disability

Post by EdM »

I live in an apartment complex in St Pete and am appealing a ruling from disability. I'm a senior and have 6 disabilities. I'm having a huge problem paying Duke Energy. I've received help in the past from Daystar, Salvation Army and 211 Emergency Fund.
When I first moved here I had money monthly from a trust fund that my mother left me. Then my drug addicted sister got into the computer and stole the "nest egg" that was providing my monthly amount. I have been struggling financially since then. I have a service dog for my seizures and he is now I'll and needs to take medication called Apoquel and it costs $60/month. I have been looking for a job for the last months but cannot find anything that I can do with my disabilities. I'm on Social Security Disability but the day after it comes I pay my rent and groceries and a few side bills...then the money is gone. /That is why I am in the process of appealing how much money I get.
I am really at a loss as to what to do-my panic attacks and vertigo are out of control. Duke will turn off my electric on September 4 if I don't pay the bill (which is a little over $100). This electric billing is going to be a problem until I can find some help. I've placed babysitting posters all over my apartment complex to try and earn some money...no responses yet.
What do I do? I would appreciate any assistance.