Surgery during COVID outbreak

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
S_Berner
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Surgery during COVID outbreak

Post by S_Berner »

Good afternoon,
   I am writing regarding our son Matt, his girlfriend Brandi, and their baby. I am not sure who to contact from the website I came across and whether or not you can help with medical surgery and COVID safe housing. If not, any advice will be greatly appreciated. Their baby was diagnosed with CDH which is Congenital Diaphragmatic Herniation. They are having an in utero surgery tomorrow called FETO. Due to the COVID the Ronald McDonald House is not taking on any families and other places are already full. The organization they had made prior arrangements with gave their spot away because they did not get the surgery date in a timely manner. We cannot afford to financially help them due to our health issues as well as my husband being retired and I am on medical leave. The surgery will be done at the Herman Memorial Children's Hospital in Houston, TX.  They live in Weimar, TX. After the surgery, the surgeon wants them to be no further than 30 minutes from the hospital. We also know that the baby will go straight to the NICU after the birth by cesarean, so the baby will be safe from COVID after the surgery. They are desperately needing help with a place to stay. They cannot afford to pay for their own home bills as well as a place in Houston. Please at your earliest convenience, let me know if you can help in any way and give any advice possible.
Respectfully,
Denice
Terence
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Surgery during COVID outbreak

Post by Terence »

Community action doesn't have funds available to assist with my surgery bill from health issues I had due to COVID. All funds used last month! Just got notice last week that the bills for my surgery are way past due. I asked about payment and I'm not eligible for that because I would have had to sign up in December, please direct me to someone who can help me, please! Greatly appreciate it if you can.