Metastatic breast cancer treatment

Anyone in need of medical, dental, RX and health care.
Locate clinics, medical or dental care services and more on NHPB. Find free health care programs.
LittleBigTown
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Metastatic breast cancer treatment

Post by LittleBigTown »

Good morning,
I am a 36 year old mother of four children under the age of 10 from Jacksonville, FL that woke up on January 25, 2019 with a hard and swollen breast. After having my annual exam two days before, my GYN office thought it was nothing more than a swollen gland. The next day, I called and asked for an appointment to see my GYN, who did an ultrasound and started me on antibiotics for Mastitis.
Fast forward through a mammogram (negative for cancer), three ultrasounds (negative for any concerns), and 7 rounds of antibiotics, my breast was beginning to bruise. When my lower back began to hurt so badly I could not move, the breast surgeon, who also thought I had Mastitis, decided finally to do a biopsy on March 10, 2019. Finally, and sadly, I was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer (IBC). I decided to leave Baptist and go to Mayo for treatment where I had a PET scan revealing that the cancer had spread to four places on my bones, one of which was causing the extreme pain. I was diagnosed with Metastatic (Stage 4) breast cancer and given 2.5 years to live. I began with a biopsy of my bone with a drill directly into my pelvis.
Then, I had 10 days of radiation to that one area on my bone and began an infusion of Herceptin and Perjeta (I am HER2+). Then, after radiation, the chemo drug Taxotere was included in my triweekly infusions for 8 rounds for the Metastatic stage 4.
After 8 rounds, I now am on only Herceptin and a Perjeta for the rest of my life or until they stop working. I've decided against surgery because I am Stage 4.
My body has been through so much with all the biopsies, the 8 rounds of chemo, and currently, the every three week infusion of Herceptin and Perjeta ($30,000 for both) for the rest of my life or until they stop working. This year has been extremely difficult financially (over $300,000 in bills (I have an 80/20 insurance policy)). Our home is about to be in foreclosure because treatment is more important at this time. My husband and I do not make enough money to pay our bills any longer because of all the time we have to take off. This Metastatic breast cancer was much unexpected and I am still in shock. My kids and family are not taking this very well. Everyone is in therapy because they all think I am going to die. Most days I can't get out of bed due to the side effects of the chemo and that saddens them. They miss me. I miss myself. I am angry and sad and scared to die. I have a Master's of Science in Criminology and had a bright future ahead of me. Now I worry about my health and insurance and finances and normalcy for our family. I miss my old self. I miss life. I need help emotionally and financially. This is so tough to write. Can you help? Anything will help.
FeliciaJackson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Metastatic breast cancer treatment

Post by FeliciaJackson »

My name is Stephanie and I live in walker county and i have breast cancer. I recently lost my job due to be a temporary worker. The family I do have helped with my utilities for this month but my rent. I was looking to see if there is any assistance with helping me with that. My landlord is giving me until tomorrow at 5 to move if I don’t have it. So, can you let me know if there is anyone I can contact or what program can I go threw to get this done? Maybe a program to help someone with Metastatic breast cancer treatment? Thank you in advance