State medicaid not covering my eyeglasses

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Gavin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

State medicaid not covering my eyeglasses

Post by Gavin »

I am disabled and low income. I had an appointment to get new eyeglasses at the Williamson Eye Center in Baton Rouge under the impression that my Medicaid would pay for my glasses. I also have Medicare. It covered the exam and they led me to believe it would cover the glasses. When they ran it through it did not in fact cover the glasses which I need very badly. They said it would cost at the least around $264.00. I do not have that kind of money. As it is after bills I run completely out of money around the 20th of every month if not before. My vision is legally blind without correction. I have not had new glasses in six years due to Medicaid not paying. I can't see out of the ones I have now, and they are held together with tie wire and super glue. Is there anyway yawl can help me pay for the glasses at the Williamson Eye Center in Baton Rouge that I desperately need.
AndyS

Re: State medicaid not covering my eyeglasses

Post by AndyS »

Hi, I live in loris SC and I'm on state Medicaid. I'm in need of an eye exam and glasses but Medicaid does not pay for that for adults. My husband is out of work and we have no income. Is there any way you can help me or know of anyone who can help with eyeglasses? Thank you so much and God bless
Loris SC 29569
RinaEllis

Post by RinaEllis »

Hello
4 months ago, I went for eye exam and put a deposit on my glasses. The total was 345.00 and that’s with state Medicaid. I’m near sighted in one eye and far sighted in the other eye. My lenses had to be specially made. I put 100.00 dollars down which left me with 245.00 Balance. I thought I would have them by now but due to loss if income. I’m in my 4w eek with DeVry University and there's an exceptional amount of reading and starring at the computer monitor. I have a stigmatism in both eyes and I’m starting to get headaches. Is there any assistance you can give me in addition to state Medicaid? CVS is my optometrist.
Mr. Seltzer

Post by Mr. Seltzer »

I'm seeking assistance with obtaining progressive lenses which is prescribed by my ophthalmologist but not covered by Medicaid.
I former state employee and resigned due to health issues. I have applied for SSDI my application is in appeal process.
I currently have no eyeglasses and state Medicaid is not paying for them. Due to strokes from brain aneurism my left eye suffered more damage.
I would appreciate any assistance your agency could provide to assist with my prescription.
Best form contact is email can't afford a phone.