Dry mouth medical conditions

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Denise234
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Dry mouth medical conditions

Post by Denise234 »

Due to Dry Mouth, my teeth have developed holes and/or have chipped off a few pieces at a time, some have just broken off at the gum line and fallen out. I have lost several teeth and the others are seriously damaged.  Currently, 7 upper teeth remain, 4 of my own remain below as does a 3 tooth manufactured piece. My condition worsens nearly daily.
I was referred to an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who advised that my jawbone will not support dentures due to bone loss and tori formation.  It was determined that I will need extractions, tori removal and reconstruction, two implants each (upper and lower) and replacement "teeth" to fix my dry mouth conditions.
My husband's passing has made it impossible to pay my bills.  Without 2 incomes my living expenses seriously outweigh my income.  I will sell my home, but it is doubtful there will be profit.  Quite a predicament in itself, I simply cannot pay for the surgery I need.  
Aged 70, widowed, on a fixed income, I am in need of help.  Does your office ever offer donated or greatly reduced care?  Are you aware of any services or agencies that may be able to assist me with Dry Mouth?  I will be so grateful for any suggestions you can recommend.
Thanks so much!
Demi Sutra

Re: Dry mouth medical conditions

Post by Demi Sutra »

Hello
My son was approved by the SMILES CHANGE LIVES organization for braces. He also has a dry mouth as well as other medical conditions.
They only require an upfront co-payment of $950 for the whole service, likely valued around $9,000+/-..
We truly feel fortunate! Even so, due to extended illness and resulting low income, I cannot come up with it in time to pay for treatment of the dry mouth medical conditions and braces. He was approved for dental reasons, but also because he has developed major self esteem issues, and his doctors feel that it would be a life changer. Can you offer me any guidance, direction or advice?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you try a dental clinic? Maybe they have treatment for dry mouth. Many of them are free or low cost - income based. A dentist can help people with no insurance at a dental clinic too. More on free clinics for dental treatment,
Girl34

Post by Girl34 »

Good morning,
I am currently looking for assistance, but I am having a very tough time. So many of the programs I find for dental, financial health or dry mouth issues are for women and children, and maybe single fathers. I am a single male with no children.
I had been managing, doing my best to pay my bills. Then, in December, I got very sick. Turns out I had pneumonia in both lungs. I was in the hospital for 10 days. A couple weeks after, I ended up having thrush on my mouth, which is like dry mouth. I could barely eat, drink, or talk. That was more time that I couldn't work. Then on Feb 9th, I went back to the hospital for 5 days. I was getting fever spikes each night.
In the last 70 days, I have only worked 164 hours. Normally it would be approximately 400 hours. Obviously that causes a huge difference in my paycheck. Also, it's not helping that my rent is going up $50 next month, and that my job is being eliminated on March 6th.
I'm not sure if this will affect anything for eligibility, but I was born with a birth defect; only 7 fingers (2 on my right hand.)
Hopefully there is something available for me. I appreciate any info that you can provide.