Recovery from stroke

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
One I got
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Recovery from stroke

Post by One I got »

Hello,
My dad's wife (who was my dad's caretaker since he had a stroke several years ago) had a stoke recently and is now in recovery. Now my family has to find care for two people.
She is still in the hospital (2 weeks now) and is paralyzed on the right side. The doctor says that she must get therapy (4-6 weeks) if there is any hope of her getting better. She is 60 years old, recently became a U.S. citizen and has very little insurance (practically none). The hospital caseworker says the only medical facility that will take her for therapy in the area (and only for three days!) is St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, FL
What suggestions do you have for us for recovery, for free, from a stroke? Ideally we would like her to do the required intensive therapy in a medical center for 6 weeks, but we can't afford to pay for that. Is there a way to get charity or a big discount to get her therapy? They are low income; my dad only gets about $1200/month from social security.
SonyaS

Re: Recovery from stroke

Post by SonyaS »

My husband divorced me and took my name off the lease and I only have until June 2nd to find a place and get all my belongings out of the house. I have been on social security disability since I suffered a stroke 13 years ago. I need to find a housing I can afford, since my disability is not enough for the three times income required from the rental fee, even for a $400.00 rental apartment. My three kids will stay with my husband due to my stroke. I need a place so I can get back on my feet again. I am taking the first step by taking the teacher certification exam in July. But right now, I need an emergency shelter until I can find a permanent one. The only other place I can go to is the women’s shelter for battered women. I am turning to section 8 and other community action agencies, and hope that I will be able to get what I need before I become homeless. Please help.
Fritz Tylenda

Post by Fritz Tylenda »

Hi this is Brandon. I live In Jacksonville Florida and I'm a single parent with full custody of my 10 year old son. I live with my mom who is recovering from a stroke. I get no child support or cash assistance from the government. I stay with my mom because I haven't found a job and do odd jobs when
There offered so could you please let me know more information please.
Josette Ciceron

Post by Josette Ciceron »

Hello,
I am emailing with a request for assistance as I recover from a stroke. I am in a desperate situation with multiple bills on the verge of losing everything I’ve worked so hard for. I had a stroke and I am having a very difficult time processing information and being able to help myself. And keeping up with and remembering my bills. In addition to having had the stroke, I also suffer from lupus and cyclic vomiting syndrome. It’s a struggle daily but I work hard and am still struggling to survive.
I was hoping someone would be able to assist me in an easy route to getting assistance with my stroke recovery or something. I’m not sure what kinds of options there are, I’ve seldom needed help in my life.
Thank you for reading my message.
Jody