Losing housing cause of illness

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Jonny
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Losing housing cause of illness

Post by Jonny »

Went to eviction court for the housing I live in, judge gave me until March 27 the 2019 to pay. Behind on rent as was sick and hospital took all my cash. Then landlord recalled us back to court and said she made a mistake on the date, and I have to wait until the sheriff comes with a notice that’s the date I'll have to go by. PS. the judge says she sorry for making the mistake once I mentioned healthcare issue. That's all a good, but I need help getting a storage so I don't lose all my belongings what should I do... Running out of time I'm living in (Clifton Springs N.Y. 14432).
Don Wayne

Re: Losing housing cause of illness

Post by Don Wayne »

Hi,
My name is Tiffany. I have been out of work for about 6 months now due to my mental illness and now i am losing my housing. I cannot pay all of my bills in full every month. Therefore, I am severely behind on them all including electricity, water and garbage services and medical for my mental illness. I am disabled, my fiance can't work due to his own health issues and my son has recently been diagnosed as a person with autism. I need help very badly. Can you please help me find a resource to help? I have exhausted the help that my local resources can provide.
Thank you for your time and i look forward to hearing from you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Losing housing cause of illness

Post by Admin »

Hi Tiffany,
There are of course options such as FMLA, housing programs for the disabled or people with mental illness and more. Many/most are local to a town or city. Look here for a list of housing assistance near you.
Don Wayne wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:21 am Hi,
My name is Tiffany. I have been out of work for about 6 months now due to my mental illness and now i am losing my housing. I cannot pay all of my bills in full every month.