Husband has bone marrow cancer

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Valencia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Husband has bone marrow cancer

Post by Valencia »

Hello, I found you guys on the Internet and was wondering if I can maybe get a list of possible resources. My husband has multiple myeloma (bone marrow cancer) & will be getting a bone marrow transplant on October 3rd. The Dr says he will be off work for 6 - 8 weeks for recovery. He is the primary wage earner ....I have a small part time job but I will be taking time off with him as I am the primary caregiver & Dr says he cannot be left alone.
We are doing our best to save for the time off but we've had to pay our regular bills & medical payments & have not had a lot leftover. We might be able to cover some of the medical bills for his bone marrow needs but I know when we get into late October we are going to owe more than we have. He is 48 years old & I have seen a lot of programs online but most are for children, young adults, or seniors. Which we don't fit into.
This is not a comfortable spot for us as we are the outreach leaders at our little church so we are normally on the giving end not receiving. Our little church cannot help with his health care due to us just losing our Pastor to cancer & the struggling with the church bills. At this point I'm just trying to plan ahead by getting resources lined up so when the time comes it'll maybe be less frantic & scary. Any resources for free or low cost tratment for marrow will be appreciated. Thank you all so much! God bless you??
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Husband has bone marrow cancer

Post by Admin »

We have possible resources all over the main site. Maybe you and your husband will find them useful; maybe not. Of course programs and funding always change, so while some people find assistance others don't. But they may help with your husbands cancer and the medications he needs. As an example, find prescription drugs for people with no insurance, which seems to be your case.

[quote="Valencia"]Hello, I found you guys on the Internet and was wondering if I can maybe get a list of possible resources. /quote]