Medical stents for heart

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Shameka
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Medical stents for heart

Post by Shameka »

Dear Sir/Madam:
I found your website and also your contact e-mail. I'm a 64-year-old female with Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia, Peripheral Arterial Disease, back problems and a number of other medical problems, and now I need stents for my heart. I currently have a fully occluded celiac artery which may lead to arterial bypass surgery. I've had two angiograms - one in July and one in August done by my cardiovascular surgeon, in Lansing, MI, who is head of T.C.I (Thoracic Cardiovascular Institute) and also is the head of the cardiovascular department at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing. He referred me to the Cleveland Clinic and a doctor (also the head of his department of cardiovascular medicine there) wants to try the same procedure again. This is acceptable to me and the doctor but the distance to Cleveland is considerable and expensive. After consulting doctor. again, the decision has been made to have me evaluated again - this time at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, bydoctor.. That appointment is scheduled for January 14, 2019. He may opt to retry the angiogram and I'm very hopeful he will be successful as the surgery is not an easy one and there is an extensive recovery period.
I currently have 5 stents in place - two in my right iliac artery, one in my left iliac, one in my mesenteric artery and the fifth is in my celiac (the one that is totally blocked). These have been placed over the past 10 years and all but one have been put in place by the doctor.
My problem and reason for contacting you is that I need help with automobile repair. I own a 1999 Ford Explorer that just blew a head gasket. I do not have the funds to repair the vehicle nor do I have money to purchase another vehicle. I am on disability and only bring in $779.00 a month. $300 of that goes to my lot rent - I own a double-wide, modular home but still pay lot rent. With utilities and other needs, I go from month to month wondering if I'll survive financially. Auto repair is out of the question for me but so is the inability to get to and from my medical appointments and day to day needs.
I don't know if there is any help available for persons in my position here in Michigan - I've spent a lot of time on Google trying to find some sort of help for all my medical problems, the bills, stent programs, and the like. I have about $300.00 that I can apply to the repair of my car but that is simply not enough to cover the cost.
If you know of any organization or foundation that might be able to help me, I'd be very grateful for the information. All of what I've stated above is verifiable and documented.
Thank you for any assistance you might be able to guide me to and bless you,
Mendez

Re: Medical stents for heart

Post by Mendez »

I have not been able to work for 9 years due to being disabled from a medical stent. I've had 3 back surgeries and a hip replacement too. I just started working part time to see if my body can handle it as I got a new stent in my heart. I am in a bad living situation. I need help getting into an apartment. Also my gas bill is outrageous. I just used my 3rd medical excess today to keep it on. And finally I am trying to help my son take care of my grandson.
Zach

Post by Zach »

After two months of unemployment, I am now hired under a temporary to hire job service and waiting for orientation to begin on October 17 2019. But it does not pay for my heart stents as not insured. My rent has been behind ever since I worked for my last employer who was underpaying slot of employees including myself. Now my lease is renewed into a new contract and I'm still a month behind on rent plus I need medical like I said for the stent for my heart. I desperately need some medical assistance to pay for the heart stents as soon as possible because I don't have anywhere else to go because I put all my money into my apartment.
Richard and Sal

Post by Richard and Sal »

I am a 35 year old female diagnosed with a serious heart infection, blood clots to the lungs and more. I have had medical stents in my heart and 7 blood transfusions etc. I am awaiting heart surgery but with backwards blood flow and my heart functioning at 25% I must get stronger health wise before I can get the surgery. I have to remain in a germ free, pet free, bug free environment. Due to my 95 day stay in the hospital we lost everything. What we had left we put into lodging until I got readmitted 4'days ago for a new stent and now we are down to nothing. Please help us, if possible. Tanks for your time and consideration