Pre-natal care and other birthing expenses

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Elway J
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Pre-natal care and other birthing expenses

Post by Elway J »

Hello,
My daughter is 20 years old and is 10 weeks pregnant. She will not be going back to college (where she would have been a junior) this fall. My husband and I are state of KS employees and our health care will cover some of her prenatal care, but the co pay for labor and delivery is $5,000 per calendar year - she is not due until early January, which means our co pay would be over 10,000.oo
We have seven kids and our expenses for all of them to attend college is enormous - this co pay is just completely beyond what we can afford (whether it is 5,000 or 10,000). She works as a waitress at Jose Peppers and the dad is a manager...neither of them can afford this enormous copay either.
She applied online for Kansas Medicaid but will not know for a week or more if she has been accepted. Our worry is that on paper our ins. seems really good - but the yearly co pay per person is astronomical and there is no way any of us can pay it.
Please help us know where to turn for assistance.
We greatly appreciate your help.
Abbvie

Re: Pre-natal care and other birthing expenses

Post by Abbvie »

I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant with my first child and recently had to quit my job due to pregnancy interference. i need to somehow pay for pre-natal care. My husband works full time but isn't making enough to pay all our bills and keep food on the table. We hate asking for help but we really don't know what else we can do to pay for the birthing expenses. Even just a little bit would help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pre-natal care and other birthing expenses

Post by Admin »

No insurance for the pregnancy care? Also, what does that mean you needed to quit your job due to interference - did the employer sort of force you to quit or do something unreasonable?
Anyhow, try one of the free community clinics near you for help. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... r_you.html
Some offer pregnancy services (for free), exams, lab work, and maybe even delivery from volunteer doctors and nurses.
Abbvie wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:39 am I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant with my first child and recently had to quit my job due to pregnancy interference. i need to somehow pay for pre-natal care.