Out of pocket bills for upcoming surgery

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
SmithWade
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Out of pocket bills for upcoming surgery

Post by SmithWade »

Hello, I have been battling with pain and illness for years. Finally the doctor's figured out what is wrong with me and scheduled me for surgery on March 11. However the out of pocket is more than we can afford with my husband being the only one who works and supports myself and our son.
I wasn't sure where to go for help so I am trying here to see if you can lead us in the right direction for help or maybe even share my GoFundMe page. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,
Oreily18
anti spam: Blue

Re: Out of pocket bills for upcoming surgery

Post by Oreily18 »

Hello... I am 46. I am currently living in Elkton, Maryland. I've been waiting for disability since 2014, but have a surget coming up. I can't work. I ran out of money and I can't pay my bills. I have no family here. I'm struggling so badly. I have been cut off TANF because my son turned 18. There's nowhere to turn. I’m losing everything. Comcast came and got their equipment... So I can't watch TV. My car registration was due today. My car insurance as well as out of pocket medical bills for deductible is past due and my car note is 2 months past due. No one can help me. I do have section 8. So my rent is ok. I also have energy assistance. I have not a dime in my pocket. I've been sick and I'm scheduled to have surgery October 18. Can you please help me? Please. I thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Out of pocket deductibles? As that is usually what people struggle to pay. If so, there there are financial assistance for deductibles that you can try. But you also need a job and can't just rely on the income from your husband. Maybe part time, or an at home job? As there are plenty in this "gig economy".
SmithWade wrote:Hello, I have been battling with pain and illness for years. Finally the doctor's figured out what is wrong with me and scheduled me for surgery on March 11. However the out of pocket is more than we can afford with my husband being the only one who works and supports myself and our son.
I wasn't sure where to go for help so I am trying here to see if you can lead us in the right direction for help or maybe even share my GoFundMe page. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,
Jbgood

Post by Jbgood »

Hello, I just had to have emergency surgery and our insurance still has a high out of pocket responsibility. We are living paycheck to paycheck because my husband works full time and is unable to pick up overtime because he is also going to school full time which makes our financial situation worse. We are looking at trying to get assistance to help cover the surgery bill when it comes and we're wondering if there is anything that we could qualify for.