Fibroid

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Chad45
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Fibroid

Post by Chad45 »

I have 6 fibroid tumors and I had a doctor that was going to work with me on payment plans but she retired and now 2 doctors is taking her place and now they won't do my surgery unless they have $2500 up front. I am always in pain and have heavy bleeding that causes me to miss work. I have called several doctors and paid money that I can't afford but everyone says I need my surgery but No one seems to want to help me out.
I am a single parent and I need help so I can get my surgery done so I can work to pay my bills. I have tried to get Medicare but was denied. So if you can please help in anyway my kids and I would appreciate anything you can do. I stay in Ray City Georgia. Please help if you can.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fibroid

Post by Admin »

Sorry that you are sick and need surgery. We do not know of programs that provide cash up front for surgery's. Maybe try a free clinic in Georgia for either advice, or maybe they have some volunteer doctors who can take care of your fibroids. Also look into Medicaid, government support, etc.
Chad45 wrote:I have 6 fibroid tumors and I had a doctor that was going to work with me on payment plans but she retired and now 2 doctors is taking her place and now they won't do my surgery unless they have $2500 up front. I am always in pain and have heavy bleeding that causes me to miss work. I have called several doctors and paid money that I can't afford but everyone says I need my surgery but No one seems to want to help me out.
Keagan

Post by Keagan »

We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 children) living in Jefferson county KS. We have had some major life setbacks in the last few years. My husband is disabled and cannot work. I was working and then in June of this year I was laid off due to cutbacks. I was the primary income. My husband does not get enough in disability income to pay everything. I have to have surgery on both my arms to relieve the digital tunnel and neuropathy in my arms/hands and also have a few fibroid. I am unable to currently work due to this condition. My surgery is scheduled for November 30 on the first arm. Also my 15 year old son is being home school due his medical condition Chiari malformation. He gets massive migraines and cannot be around loud noises. We are on the verge of being kicked out of our home if we cannot pay rent and utilities are also getting behind. I am at the end of my rope and out of options. I withdrew my retirement money I had built up while working. Our finances are now in the negative balance. Any help you could provide for bills or health care for fibroid or my son would be a great help and truly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Lists of clinics are on the main website, including in Kansas. Not sure if say a fibroid surgery is covered, but call and ask. Also, if you were laid off and lost insurance, then try COBRA health insurance. This is a federal mandated short term health insurance plan that can help fill the gap. Find more details on clinics in Kansas here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ansas.html
Keagan wrote:We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 children) living in Jefferson county KS. We have had some major life setbacks in the last few years. My husband is disabled and cannot work. I was working and then in June of this year I was laid off due to cutbacks. I was the primary income. My husband does not get enough in disability income to pay everything. I have to have surgery on both my arms to relieve the digital tunnel and neuropathy in my arms/hands and also have a few fibroid. I am unable to currently work due to this condition. My surgery is scheduled for November 30 on the first arm. Also my 15 year old son is being home school due his medical condition Chiari malformation. He gets massive migraines and cannot be around loud noises. We are on the verge of being kicked out of our home if we cannot pay rent and utilities are also getting behind. I am at the end of my rope and out of options. I withdrew my retirement money I had built up while working. Our finances are now in the negative balance. Any help you could provide for bills or health care for fibroid or my son would be a great help and truly appreciated.
Marley

Post by Marley »

Hi, my name is Michelle. I was a patient years ago who received full financial help when I had an emergency surgery for a strangulated hernia that almost maybe would have killed me. Currently I’m face with another situation that I’m seeking help with. I have fibroids as large as oranges apricots and plums and I need to have a procedure known as uterine fibroid Embolization or hysterectomy. Having no healthcare for the Fibroid has put me in a difficult situation in coming up with $72,000 out of pocket. Pls advice how I can get help to have this procedure.