Do disabled get covered by Medicaid?

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Corvette19
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Do disabled get covered by Medicaid?

Post by Corvette19 »

I am disabled and my Medicaid application is taking a long time to go through. I was very badly injured in an automobile accident. I was just about cut in half. I go to the doctor's every two weeks to receive my medication. The medicine I receive cost 50$.
I'm homeless with my service dog and my girlfriend who is 8 months pregnant. We don't have any resources to pay for my medication or health care needs. I am in desperate need of my medication or I will become deathly ill. I need help with this before the 20th of this month from the Medicaid program. While I am disabled, please, understand that my girlfriend needs me right now and I cannot be sick in our van, which is our home at this time. She could have the baby at any time. Thanks for your understanding and consideration in this matter.
Kornheiser
anti spam: Blue

Re: Do disabled get covered by Medicaid?

Post by Kornheiser »

To whom it may concern:
I have tried to contact the Harrison County Department of human services and also left a message. I also called but was on hold for 47 minutes. If someone could contact me regarding Medicaid at your earliest convenience I would appreciate it.
I currently receive SNAP benefits, I am disabled, and just found out I am 8 weeks pregnant. I am trying to find out if there is any way I could be mailed an application for Medicaid. Or any kind of assistance that could help me. I am trying to get a doctor appointment ASAP. I truly appreciate anything assistance you can provide. I have been to health department. Thank you so much.
God bless
Steveo12

Re: Do disabled get covered by Medicaid?

Post by Steveo12 »

Hi, my name is Cynthia and I am disabled. I live in Caroline County Virginia which is in between Spotsylvania County and Richmond Virginia. Does Medicaid help the disabled?  I was in a car accident in June of 2016. I struggled with pain and trying to work while being treated at a pain clinic, then after several injections in my back, the injections stopped being effective. After an MRI I found out that I did not have a disc in my L3-L4 vertebrae.
The disability decision was made that I required surgery I had to quit my job as a nurse on May 19th had surgery on September 12th and felt good for about a week. Then other complications came about - more pain and severe cramping in my lower back. I finally was approved for Medicaid which starts in January but the problem is I’m not working and have no money. I’ve lowered my monthly expenses to approximately $800 a month. The person I’m living with is giving me until the end of February to move. I started my disability application. I desperately need help paying bills and I need a place to live. Any way possible I could receive short term financial assistance?