Dental clinics affiliated with other parts of country

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Thee Ripper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Dental clinics affiliated with other parts of country

Post by Thee Ripper »

Good morning. Let me begin by thanking you for your website--it's a great resource for lower income individuals and families, and I greatly appreciate your dedication to helping those in need.
I am a current AmeriCorps member in Birmingham, AL. If you know anything about AmeriCorps, you know that our living stipend does not provide much additional income for emergencies. I am on no government assistance (e.g. food stamps), and so after rent, utilities, bank loan payments, and other costs, I have virtually nothing extra. It's a common story--people all over this city have it far worse. At least I can make ends meet.
However, this morning while I ate breakfast, a relatively large piece of one of my bottom molars broke off. I am uninsured, and as I've already stated, I have few resources to spare for dental work. I looked over your list of dental clinics, and even attempted to call a couple of them in the Birmingham/Bessemer area, to no avail as of yet. Are there any other resources like yours except more localized--e.g., a directory you can point me to that specializes in connecting specifically Birmingham residents to free/low-cost services?
I need help! This is, at present, a relatively small problem, but with dental issues, they always--ALWAYS--get worse if they are not addressed immediately, and so I want to act quickly.
Geraldine

Re: Dental clinics affiliated with other parts of country

Post by Geraldine »

I am a single mother of 3 children and looking for help with school attire and supplies for my children and dental assistance for myself, but note are moving. The need it's hindering my ability to obtain a quality job because of my appearance (bad teeth) and help or information would be greatly appreciated. My zip is 32539. We have food stamp benefits and full Medicaid for my children as well as myself. With a 440 a month income from support.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Dental clinics affiliated with other parts of country

Post by Admin »

We have a list of local, regional, and national dental assistance programs and clinics that may be near you. They are here. They often use volutneer dentists to give care, so maybe they can help you with your oral issues. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... r_you.html

Geraldine wrote: dental assistance for myself, but note are moving. The need it's hindering my ability to obtain a quality job because of my appearance (bad teeth) and help or information would be greatly appreciated. My zip is 32539. We have food stamp benefits and full Medicaid for my children as well as myself. With a 440 a month income from support.