Eyewear and vision testing

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Molly Ring
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Eyewear and vision testing

Post by Molly Ring »

Good afternoon, I am writing to ask a question about how students who are in high school, but who are not insured, can get free vision screening and eye wear. I work at Washington Township schools, and plan to write a grant to help students get vision screening and eye wear. However, before I do that, I would like to see what is available within the community to help this underserved group of students. I would appreciate all information you can provide me about local opportunities for students to receive vision screening and eye wear at little to no cost.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Eyewear and vision testing

Post by Admin »

We have no idea what you mean by "write a grant". There are already tons of vision testing and eyewear programs out there. Many are free, others subsidize the cost to the student or their parent. A full listing is on our site. Find free eyeglass programs. So try them before you try to "write a grant", or whatever you mean....
Molly Ring wrote:I work at Washington Township schools, and plan to write a grant to help students get vision screening and eye wear. However, before I do that, I would like to see what is available within the community to help this underserved group of students.
Combs

Post by Combs »

Hi. We are in desperate need of help getting eyeglasses for my husband as well as vision testing. He is on Medicaid, and they will pay for the exam...but not the glasses. He is in the process of getting SSDI and I have SSDI...so we are on a very fixed income. Any help you could provide we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Talk to SSDI (social security office) as well as health care provider about Medicaid. But there are also state of Wisconsin eyeglass assistance programs if and when needed.
Combs wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:40 pm Hi. We are in desperate need of help getting eyeglasses for my husband as well as vision testing. He is on Medicaid, and they will pay for the exam...but not the glasses. He is in the process of getting SSDI and I have SSDI...so we are on a very fixed income. Any help you could provide we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.