Changes to our Medicaid

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Campbell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Changes to our Medicaid

Post by Campbell »

I will be taken off SSI/Medicaid as of August 1, simply because I turned 62 in June. I have been disabled for the last 20 years+. I have a need for dental care, prescriptions, Physical Therapy, and in obtaining a wheel chair is motorized, if possible. My husband is 64 and the help would be for both of us.
We are type II diabetics, and I have mental health problems, degenerative joint disease, and high blood pressure. Our income is $1700 per month in SS. He has insurance and I am obtaining it as soon as we find a program that is sufficient for my needs, and affordable. Any help you can suggest or pointing us in the right direction is appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changes to our Medicaid

Post by Admin »

We do have information on free medical care programs that may cover you instead of Medicaid. They may usually cover dental and give discounts on prescriptions. As far as the wheel chair, some charities may donate them from thrift stores. Or there is also information on Medical Equipment on the site. But also you should look into Medicaid too, and find out how to transition to MEdicare now that you are 62. Until then, locate information on free medical care and insurance.
Fleecesweaters

Post by Fleecesweaters »

I am a married mother of two living in Connecticut. My husband and I are both full time workers, with me working a second job part time. We are not making enough to afford child care or income is too high for Medicaid, or even pay off old bills that affect our credit. We cannot apply for Medicaid from Care4kids because according to the state we make too much.
The problem is, we would need to make an extra $400 a week to afford child care and without severely limiting the funds we need to live off of or $400 less a month to meet criteria for Care4kids, we cannot afford for one person to be out of a job and finding a new one with different hours is proving extremely difficult. It would be nice to know if there is something that we can use to help us, we are stuck and have no efficient ways out and are at the ends of our patience trying to figure all this out. If we could get some feedback, or advice or even a little bit of help that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
Brice

Post by Brice »

Hi, was just on your website. We’re very low income family. I'm on Medicare and Medicaid. My husband trying so hard to get a job. Nothing much at all happened. How can we get help to pay our rent for now, until we get back on our feet again as our Medicaid benefits have changed/gone down? This is the first time in our life going through this tough time. Please let me know if there's anything. Thanks you so much.
Malone

Post by Malone »

My sister in law fell, broke her neck, severed her spinal cord and had a long hospital and rehab stay. She now needs Medicaid for her care and the changes she is going thru.
She is home with her husband and 12 year old daughter. She had declined and may need nursing home care. She has filed for disability but it is still pending. Can she get Medicaid just for herself and her husband and child not lose assets? He hasn't hardly worked at all, lost his job when this happened. However, he is still able to go back to work if he isn't caring for her. Thank you for your time.
Savannah

Post by Savannah »

I'm a resident of Alabama. I live in Prattville, AL (Autauga county). I'm a single mom of two children, working full-time and my Medicaid insurance is going through changes. I do receive Medicaid for my children and Family Guidance to help with summer child care but I do not receive any other government assistance.
I'm trying to find out if there is any financial assistance programs to help with my monthly electricity bill with my Medicaid benefits caught makes the bills hard to pay. I've been on the website needhelppayingbills.com but I'm not sure if any of the programs listed apply to my situation. My electric company is Central Alabama Electric Cooperative and Medicaid changes were notified by human services. Can you let me know if you know of any organizations? Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your Medicaid in Alabama is changing, there are other insurance and health care services in the state. Maybe try applying to them for the car you need, and learn more on how to get free health insurance in Alabama.
Savannah wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:09 am I'm a resident of Alabama. I live in Prattville, AL (Autauga county). I'm a single mom of two children, working full-time and my Medicaid insurance is going through changes. I do receive Medicaid for my children and Family Guidance to help with summer child care but I do not receive any other government assistance.