Pay a bill or they will cut off my medications

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Mechanic
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Pay a bill or they will cut off my medications

Post by Mechanic »

I am a mother of four wonderful children and my baby girl and myself are very sick. I have sickle cell and asthma and my daughter has asthma. It is very bad too and we were we have to get 5 to 6 breathing treatment a day and that’s on a good day. When its bad I have to take her to the emergency room to get all kinds of medications.
I have to have a lot of pain medications and other medical needs as well so I have to go to the doctor appointment. So with that I can't hold a job because I’m in the hospital and have to be checked in a days and days a time. So I just paid my bill. I had to pay them 1395.00 and now they telling me I get to pay five hundred more dollars or they will cut me off by July 9th. And I don’t have the money. I have to pay rent with that then I don’t have a dime. I just trying to did the best that I can so if it is someone that could help you would really thank them from the bottom of my heart.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pay a bill or they will cut off my medications

Post by Admin »

Hopefully some insurance (or even Medicaid) takes care of some of the doctor visits. As far as the medications, try this for help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... drugs.html
There are many programs, especially for kids since you have 4 of them. Some may offer free items but other programs at least may give you a discount or voucher.
Mechanic wrote:I have to have a lot of pain medications and other medical needs as well so I have to go to the doctor appointment.
Troyyer

Post by Troyyer »

I live in Kentucky and am really desperate on how I can possibly keep up with the medications as well as electric bills coming in. They are close too 300 a month and I only receive 780, and my prescriptions are $100. My heater runs 24/7 trying to even get it up to 60 degrees in here which it fails to do and I can not afford kerosene to help.
I have a kerosene heater and it does help greatly when I can afford to get some but that is rare. I am even having to go without getting my medications because I can not afford them and my rent and other living bills. I have tried to find a room mate to no avail. I am new back to this area and have no idea how to get thru this. I rent and they won't help weatherize and I can't afford to do that either. I am at my wits end and with my severe lungs and other medical issues I am kind of stuck....please help.
Lunchlady

Post by Lunchlady »

My name is Jerry, I'm disabled and I have medical bills I can't afford to pay and I need medications too. I paid all the small bills but I have one large bill around $3,700.
I also have had to go to a pain clinic due to new medication laws my p.c.p. can't prescribe meds I have been on for 13 years.
The pain clinic wants to put me on new medications because of the new laws on opiates they can't keep me on the meds I have been on, the meds they would like to prescribe for me would cost me around $500 a month. I cannot possibility pay this.
I live scrapping between bills, food, medications. Please I hope you can help me, or guide me in the direction for help.
Sincerely Jerry
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you owe $3700, you may be too late. Just ask for a payment plan.
But as far as going forward, look into a drug company patient assistance program.
Many offer deep discounts (or free medications) to the very low income or disabled for that matter.

Lunchlady wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:20 pm My name is Jerry, I'm disabled and I have medical bills I can't afford to pay and I need medications too. I paid all the small bills but I have one large bill around $3,700.