Advocate needed for our medical issues

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Mr. Aperghis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Advocate needed for our medical issues

Post by Mr. Aperghis »

Good Afternoon,
My husband is a pilot in the United States Air Force. We are stationed in California and have been here for 5 years. We have a daughter who is 7 months old, and is required to get a helmet for plagiocephaly. My husband and I both work to support our family, and I am prior Army Aviation. We have recently been told our daughter needed this helmet and the cost would be $2500 dollars. This completely emptied out our savings and then some, making us completely strapped financially.
One of our friends here also had this issue and told us to contact this foundation for some relief. We have exhausted all options with our insurance company and we have been told at no point will this be covered. We have secured a patient advocate, who also mentioned this foundation. We would be forever grateful for help regarding this matter, because the financial situation we have been put in for this issue is a bit overwhelming. Thank you so much for allowing us to email you directly, feel free to call with any further questions.
sasolis

Re: Advocate needed for our medical issues

Post by sasolis »

This website offers resource information. You noted you have a patient advocate already why are you searching for another one? Not sure with your husband being an officer why $2500 put you so behind but I imagine you will soon catch up. Do you have Tricare coverage? Do you need credit counseling to live within your means?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Advocate needed for our medical issues

Post by Admin »

what did the patient advocate say? If they were not helpful, then try a medical billing advocate. they are similar but can help find billing errors, get discounts (similar to insurance companies) and may even know about veteran programs.

Mr. Aperghis wrote:One of our friends here also had this issue and told us to contact this foundation for some relief. We have exhausted all options with our insurance company and we have been told at no point will this be covered. We have secured a patient advocate, who also mentioned this foundation. We would be forever grateful for help regarding this matter, because the financial situation we have been put in for this issue is a bit overwhelming. Thank you so much for allowing us to email you directly, feel free to call with any further questions.