Need health insurance and medical care

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
chloeg12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need health insurance and medical care

Post by chloeg12 »

I am 55 years old and was laid off back in October 2008. Since I am living only on my employment benefits and paying my obligations, I have not been able to afford health insurance. Presently, I have a severe sinus infection but do not have the money to go see my doctor considering I have to pay for the full visit along with any RX that would be prescibed. I don't receive another benefit check for over a week and then won't have enough left over. I need help, PLEASE!!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need health insurance and medical care

Post by Admin »

If you need free medications, there are many places to turn to. Many drug companies have programs, there are charities, and even stores such as Walgreens. The good news is that free medication is fairly easy to get, especially in this weak economy in which the number of programs has increased.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... drugs.html
Insta

Post by Insta »

I am writing to you because I am currently unemployed and receiving unemployment of 334 every two weeks. I am looking for free medical assistance. I applied for medicaid the social services in Maryland and was denied. I also applied for PAC and was denied because the limit in income is 1056 monthly. I suffer from hip and back problems and need to see a Dr who specializes in that area. I would also like to get a dental cleaning if possible. I live in Baltimore County Maryland and was hoping you could find me a free clinic or tell me where I might be able to get medical services. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there are any hospitals that provide free services please let me know.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are a few dozen free clinics in the Baltimore Maryland region. They help the unemployed, people without health insurance and others. Some may offer minimal fees. The dental cleanings are a little less common, but they may offer it. Or probably tell you how you can call for that in Maryland. Here is the information on health centers, and locate clinics in Baltimore.
Macie

Post by Macie »

Hello, I am 32 years old and a mother of two. I have been out I work due to a mysterious illness for almost two years. I receive child support and my mother helps me with my bills. Without my glasses I can't see 2 feet in front of me. They broke about a week ago. I currently have duct tape holding them together and no insurance. Not a good fix. Lens falls out all the time. I live in Pontotoc MS.
Rose_f

Post by Rose_f »

I just came across your site. I'm a bit overwhelmed with who all could really help us out in the situation we are in. This site has so many charitable foundations for different medical things. We are a low income family with a "normal" child age 2 and a disabled child age 5, husband and I, 24 and 25. I'm a stay at home mom and my husband is a rancher and drives country school bus.
We live in Montana and do not have insurance. Our 5 year old special need son needs to have brain surgery to remove an arachnoids cyst growing that is putting pressure on his brain. His surgery is scheduled for March 13th. We have recently gotten him on Blue cross blue shield insurance, but where we are getting his surgery done in CA, skull base institute, they are out of network. There is still a fine out of pocket chunk from balance billing, anistetiologist, gas to and from, $5,000 deductible, and more.
We have fundraised all that we seem we can. We need some extra assistance if at all available????? If you could point me in the right direction as far as which charity foundations "could" help us, we'd much appreciate it. Thanks for your time, care and concern.
Sheppard1

Post by Sheppard1 »

For the past several months, I have been paying the total health insurance cost myself ($1000) because my boyfriend got into a pretty bad car accident which knocked his insurance up to $900/month. He spends 40 hours a week in school and therefore can only work 1 day a week. I am employed by both Universal Orlando and Disney now, but I don't start Disney until mid-March and as for Universal I am only getting three days a week. My boyfriend just got hired to work at Disney for his days off from school so will be able to contribute. I was wondering if we would qualify. I am a dependent of my parents insurance wise, but they don't help me with other financial situations. Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If it was a pre-existing condition, his insurance company can't legally increase rates. You may want to call them and check on that. Per the ACA companies can no longer do that. But here are some other options for you for affordable plans. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _plan.html
Sheppard1 wrote:For the past several months, I have been paying the total health insurance cost myself ($1000) because my boyfriend got into a pretty bad car accident which knocked his insurance up to $900/month.
AndyS

Post by AndyS »

Hello, I use or be on Assort health care insurance in 2015 until 2016. My husband is now ditch me, and we are having a rough time. He doesn’t make much money and we can’t even go to doctors when we get badly sick. Last time I was on passport they made it so simple nothing that confused me, I am not working, and my husband only made 7,000 dollars last year. Could you please give me correct forms that I will have to fill out for the both of us for low cost health insurance. We need insurance so bad, it would only be till I get myself straight to get working. Please we are suffering especially ran years to penalize people. What forms do I need for me and my husband? If some reason you need to look up the past records on me. Please help us thank you is much and hake wonderful day
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many programs for free or very low cost medical care. We have many listed on our site. It seems as if you may qualify if the struggles, income, etc. are really that harsh. But of course each program varies. Anyway, try, and even look into free health insurance.

AndyS wrote:Hello, I use or be on Assort health care insurance in 2015 until 2016.