Lack of insurance is causing me not to get a surgery for her

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Convent
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Lack of insurance is causing me not to get a surgery for her

Post by Convent »

Good afternoon,
I have no health insurance at all, which is unfortunate because I now have a hernia. I would like to ask if there is any financial assistance available, so that I can have this problem taken care of by surgery. I am working part-time, and my income for 2013 was less than $10,000. Would you please be kind enough to advise if there might be any sort of assistance available for this situation.
With thanks,
Port Had

Re: Lack of insurance is causing me not to get a surgery for her

Post by Port Had »

Hi,
I am in a situation where I need a hernia surgery but have no insurance and have recently lost my job. It is a hiatal hernia that you can feel by touch on the outside. I have had it for 2 years now but it continues to grow and is now affecting my ability to take a deep breath.
I have went to the hospital last year and they only diagnosed it. I went to Spalding regional hospital in Griffin GA and they did not tell me anything about indigent care or offer any real solution. It was only diagnosed and not treated. I need surgery to remove it but have no insurance. Is there anyone out there that can help me? I am a 40 year old female and live in Georgia. If there is any information on an organization that might could help me please let me know soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lack of insurance is causing me not to get a surgery for her

Post by Admin »

There are many resources. Try the uninsured medical care programs. Each state operates one or more. they all provide some form of free or low cost care to the needy.
Port Had wrote:Hi,
I am in a situation where I need a hernia surgery but have no insurance and have recently lost my job.