Medications for my baby who has the flu

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
LonelyPeople
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Medications for my baby who has the flu

Post by LonelyPeople »

Hello! I hope this finds you doing well. I know you probably get a lot of emails and I'm sure nothing about mine makes it more special, however I was always raised that when you need help you ask for it.

My family is going through a rough time right now. I had a horrible pregnancy where I lost 22 lbs in the first 16 weeks and then went into labor at week 27, which resulted in bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy.

We have 4 older kids, a daughter and a son. With me having to be out of work and all the medical bills we have been struggling. My son also broke his arm playing with a dog in March and just last month both kids (older) needed new eye glasses. I about cried there in the office as I paid for them. Even though Christmas is not about giving gifts (which our children know) we want to be able to make it an enjoyable holiday for them.

I had contacted a local church in our area (Paducah) for help and they sent me to the Salvation Army....since we weren't in their county they send me to another local group. When I called the other group I had already missed their cut off dates. I don't know where else to turn.

Saturday my baby ran a temperature and we had to take him to the ER. He has the flu (along with my husband). They put all 5 of us on Tami flu. The visit and medications were very expensive; I had to return the gifts I had gotten to pay for it all. We also had follow up appointments today. In the last 8 days we have had almost $500 in medical bills.

I didn't know if you can offer any help. Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so very much.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medications for my baby who has the flu

Post by Admin »

It depends on what type of medications you need. We know babies have certain risks, and we are not medical professionals, but we can direct you to places for free drugs. As far as contacting the Salvation Army like you did, sometimes they can offer vouchers to people for their medications, but it is rare. Also try a social service agency or even just ask your doctor, as sometimes they know of programs that issue free prescription drug medications.