Public aid does not cover dental needs

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Williams
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Public aid does not cover dental needs

Post by Williams »

I have no income or savings. I have applied for Missouri Medicaid (which apparently doesn't cover dental work) & I'm waiting on a disability hearing for Social Security on February 4th. I would be homeless if my parents did not let me stay with them, which is causing financial hardship on them. I have 2 broken teeth that need to be pulled, but can't find any place to do it for no charge. If you know of any around Jackson County Missouri, please send me their contact info. Thank you.
Poil

Re: Public aid does not cover dental needs

Post by Poil »

I live on public aid from SSI benefits and I'm a single mom to two daughters. I was reading on your website that
y'all offer free dental to low income families and I was just wondering how do I go about getting me an appointment to be seen to see if I qualify for a free set of dentures cause I have no dental/ eye insurance and can't afford them anywhere else.
Jean Smith

Post by Jean Smith »

My 22 month old daughter is in need of major dental work. I do not have her on my employer's dental insurance because at the time of open enrollment (November 2016), she was only 13 months old and I didn't think she would need to be on it yet.
I will be adding her to my dental plan during this year’s open enrollment but she will not be active on that plan until 2/1/2017. Her dentist saw her on 8/25/2016 and stated she needs over $5,000 worth of dental treatment that cannot wait much longer.
I do not qualify for any government public aid programs because "I make too much" but I can't afford to pay out of pocket that kind of money. We live in Fort Collins, Colorado and I am curious to see if there is any financial help or public benefits for someone in my situation. While I make a base salary of $53,307 per year, I am the main income earner and support myself, my fiancé and our 2 kids and am not in a good enough financial situation to be able to come up with this kind of money. Please provide any guidance or resources that you can.
Thank you in advance,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You are 100% correct. Most Obamacare plans, government benefits, etc. either do not pay for dental care or they give such minimal coverage it is irrelevant. But there are some other programs to try instead of public aid. But even if the dentist says the total bill is $5,000, that is a lot of money. We doubt any charity program or other option will pay for that. Maybe you will get a small portion covered. Anyhow, locate free dental care programs.
Jean Smith wrote:I will be adding her to my dental plan during this year’s open enrollment but she will not be active on that plan until 2/1/2017. Her dentist saw her on 8/25/2016 and stated she needs over $5,000 worth of dental treatment that cannot wait much longer.