Desperately need free prescription medications for family

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
JohnsonC
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Desperately need free prescription medications for family

Post by JohnsonC »

I just moved to SC in September with my daughter. When she turned 15 in February, we lost her child support ($1,000 per month) and her dependency on my disability ($635 a month). That is what paid for her medications in the past. The school system wont give us a confirmation of enrollment because she is a senior this year and the enrollment process is being changed. This has messed us up since our only source of income at this moment is $1245 a month in disability.
We have no car and she is unable to work. We have been living off of ramen and water for almost 2 months and it is all I can do to pay the bills. My daughter's eyeglasses are broken and I got them fixed yesterday (it cost $200) and we do not have the money for our rent ($550), phone bill ($195), water bill ($165), prescription drugs, electric bill ($682), appliances (fridge and washer $165), or even groceries. Our phone is our lifeline because neither of us has a cellphone. Our water will be cutoff on the 15th since we haven't been able to pay. We have no furniture except for beds and 1 small TV and 2 dressers. We cannot get to a store or a public phone. The nearest store is 5 miles away. I have a brain tumor and need an MRI and I also have MS. My daughter had surgery on her wrist and she has tendonitis and osteo-arthritus in her knees and she has severe asthma. Her medications are in desperate need of a refill. We applied for food stamps and medical assistance but we have to wait 30 days to find out if we were approved.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Desperately need free prescription medications for famil

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list of needs, and it sounds like there are many chronic medical conditions you have. For the brain tumor, did you look into some of the non-profits that offer help to cancer patients? As there are several to try. There are also other places for discounted medications, and the staff at them may have suggestions for those other issues (such as poverty) that you are faced with. Locate more medications for chronic conditions.
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hi, I'm trying to get help with my son prescriptions. He went to Presbyterian hospital early this morning and he was diagnosed with having a step infection and they gave him 3 prescription to have filled. I'm a diabetic and my income is only $721 a month. I can pay for the antibiotic it's only 4.00 at Wal-Mart but one is 197.00 for Mupirocin and the Hydrocodone and it is 16.00. Please help or send me to someone who can. Thank you bad and God bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is there a generic alternative to Mupirocin and this other high priced medications? If not, there are various prescription programs to try. Your income of $721 per month is low enough to qualify you, so you just need to find them and apply. Locate help to pay for prescription drugs.