Medication assistance in California

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Suze
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Medication assistance in California

Post by Suze »

I was recently hospitalized for a serious blood infection, and am now receiving at home IV antibiotic Vancomycin twice a day. I receive about $2000 a month with disability and workers compensation, which places me above the low income assistance level for assistance.
I also take an oral antibiotic, and simply put, I cannot afford these medications. I began treatment on August 20, and am expected to continue treatment until the second or third week of August. I am receiving bills for the hospital and after hospital treatment, that I cannot pay.
I have a Medicare Advantage Plan (United Health) which pays a limited amount.
Can you direct me to any programs in Southern California, who can help me with payment for the antibiotics and medical bills, that I am having to pay?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medication assistance in California

Post by Admin »

What does your insurance provider say? They would need to advice on what your United Health policy covers. If you are looking for additional support, such as from a clinic in Southern California, then we have some information or suggestions. They may have vouchers for medications or that antibiotic Vancomycin your are taking, and locate the clinics in your region. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _clin.html
Cman15

Re: Medication assistance in California

Post by Cman15 »

Hello, can you please send me a list of medication assistance programs in the Santa Clara County, CA area. Thank you. I am a 59 year old disabled female. I am on SSA, get 29.00 in food stamps. I have a car but can't afford to drive it. I am sick but can't afford health or medical. Now my landlord of 9 years is trying to evict me. I will never make it if I have to live on the street in California without my medications. I live in subsidized housing and there is no way I could afford regular rent.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.