Need free vision care, among other things

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Nashville
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need free vision care, among other things

Post by Nashville »

Hi! I am a 55 year old man who is unemployed (unable to find work) and am HOMELESS. My friend has let me stay with her in the back of her house. The problem is, my eyes have gotten so bad within the last month or so, that I can barely see. The last time I went to an eye Doctor was about 6 years ago, and am still wearing the same glasses. I recently have developed the symptoms of diabetes. I also am almost blind in my left eye, due to a childhood accident. I need to see an eye doctor and have a free exam and free glasses. I can hardly see. It’s so hard to even see to fill out applications on my own. If you can help me, please call my friends number and if she isn’t home, would you please leave a call back number so I can return your call. Thank you for your help.
I am staying in Alton, IL.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need free vision care, among other things

Post by Admin »

There are some places that offer free vision tests and they may have glasses to. They rely depend on volunteer opticians and donations from the community, so there are no promises that they can meet your need. But you can check around to places like New Eyes for the Needy. Also look into community clinics and Medicaid. Continue free eye exams.