Lost job and insurance with it

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Elliot
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Lost job and insurance with it

Post by Elliot »

I GOT LAID OFF ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO. I HAVE A TROUBLED CHILD. I REALLY NEED HELP IN PAYING SOME HOUSEHOLD BILLS. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO TRIES TO HELP BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER THAT'S GOING TO LAST. MY RENT IS OVER 700 DOLLARS MONTHLY. MY CHILD IS ABOUT TO BE REMOVED FROM MY HOME IN A FEW DAYS AND THE SSI CHECK GO'S WITH HER AND THERE WILL BE NO INCOME AFTER THAT. I AM GOING BLIND. I HAD 5 SURGERIES AND NEED MORE BUT I HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT ALSO MY INSURANCE WENT WITH THE JOB. I GET FOOD DONATIONS AND AM THANKFUL FOR THAT. MY LIGHT BILL HAS BEEN RUNNING 200-300 MONTHLY AND I CAN'T PAY THAT ANYMORE. I NEED HELP TODAY. PLEASE.
TracieT
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lost job and insurance with it

Post by TracieT »

Hello, I am seeking resources to help my sister who is among the working poor without insurance.
On yesterday the 28th of October my sister, spent all day at Providence hospital to find out why her knee was swollen and in pain. She has been having a problem with her right knee from her teenage years. The diagnosis given her was that she has Osteomyelitis, a bacterial infection of the bone, a rare but serious condition. She has obtained the necessary medications to treat the infection and to manage the pain.
The recommendation from the doctors at Providence is that she stays off her leg until her appointment on the 14th of November so that they can assess the effectiveness of the treatment she is undergoing and to see if the medication which is called Phenoxymethyl penicillin (Penicillin V) has stopped the bacterial infection. If the infection has not gone away, surgery may be required to remove dead bone tissue.
At the present time she is forced to work, even given what the doctors have recommended as far as her health care is concerned, to meet her financial obligations which are rent and utilities, etc. The private school where she works at is scheduled to close at the end of the school year because of declining enrollment and as a result the staff does not have insurance coverage. With my sister being on her feet all day this may complicate the problem with her knee.
Since my sister has no insurance coverage at the present time and I’m seeking help to find resources to help cover her bills at least until her examination on the 14th of November and then find out where we go from there. If you can provide help in this matter it would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lost job and insurance with it

Post by Admin »

Your sister may need to turn to a clinic for free medical care help. Some may cover Osteomyelitis, but you and/or your sister may need to call around in the Providence area. They can give vouchers to pay for medications, coordinate check ups from doctors, and other anti-infection programs. So there are options for you, and locate are resources for free medical care. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _care.html