Need a doctor

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Gennie Were
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need a doctor

Post by Gennie Were »

I really need help finding a doctor since I moved to Kent, WA. I have fibromyalgia and I was approved finally for SSI in May 2012. I have Medicare, but no one that takes it around here, no medical care for months, and I need my prescriptions. In addition I tried a couple "Urgent" care clinics and now have a bill for the 20% Medicare doesn't cover. My husband works for Kroger and he has no insurance makes $9.50/hr and is getting garnished. We have a family of four and I am at my wits end. Kids are covered under DSHS. Please say you can help me please! Best,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need a doctor

Post by Admin »

So you do not have insurance? if that is the case then there are programs in Washington that you can turn to. However if you now have a bill then it is really too late to use these programs. For an existing doctor bill, try a non-profit credit counselor. However in the future, look into Washington state resources for people who lack insurance. Examples can be Health Coverage Tax Credit Gap Assistance and many more. Get additional details on Washington uninsured medical care programs.
Offtherack

Post by Offtherack »

I come to you today with a very heavy heart. I have been so upset and have cried so much that my head hurts so bad. Posting here is my last hope. I need a life saving surgery to be done. I have severe fluid build up among other medical problems. I am disabled and I have Medicare but I have a balance from previous hospital stays and the doctors will not put me on the table to be operated on until I pay my past due balance of $3,070.00.
Now I mentioned that this surgery is going to save my life and it is because I am overweight, I have been since I was a child. I will be 37 this month and my weight has put my life in danger. I can not get around, I can't breathe, I have so much fluid that I swell so tight that my skin bruises. My right side of my stomach has so much fluid that it is swollen and it is so much bigger than the left. I can't do everyday tasks or take care of my self hygiene. I have been on diets but the doctor says that the only way to get my weight down enough to be healthy is to have this surgery.
I have been through all the steps to get this done and right here at the end I find out about this balance. I have been so depressed. I am on a lot of different medicines and I honestly feel that if I can't get this done, it's going to be the end of my life. I am a wife, a daughter and a friend. No one in my family has the means to help me and I am only 37. I want to live my life healthy and not die because of my health. I just want to live, I just want to live. Heroes, anything that you can afford to donate to this cause will be a blessing to me and my family. No amount is too small. I am going to put up some pictures of my arm and if you need more pictures please pm me and I will take them and send them. Please I pray that I find help.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Are you confusing this site with Hero network? Make arrangements with doctor to pay something and a payment plan, even ask if they will cut the bill in half. Even with surgery diet is involve and sadly a high percentage put back on the weight in 2 years. Continue doing what you are doing and it will come off, maybe slowly but it will.
Goodman

Post by Goodman »

I am disabled and my father in law is on oxygen. He needs a doctor! My husband usually does work but has had pneumonia and hasn't worked. We need assistance desperately. Electric is due 3/8 at 495.00 and we are behind in rent. 2,000 a month can you please help us get caught up? I'm 56 and had a stroke but have rehabbed enough to walk again and arm is better. Any help for the bills or a doctor would be a blessing or any direction you could point me in. Thank You, Susan