Need inpatient treatment for eating disorder

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
jones21498
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need inpatient treatment for eating disorder

Post by jones21498 »

My name is Angela Jones. I am a 31yr old mother and wife. I have dealt with eating disorders since I was 12. In the past year I have gone from 198lbs to 112lbs and am seeking inpatient treatment (I cant seem to stick with outpatient treatment, not to mention at this point would probably not even be safe due to refeeding syndrome). I wanted to find out if you would be willing to help me, not just for me, but my family as well. I don’t feel like I can do this on my own, and I’m afraid it will kill me one day- I cant do that to my girls, especially after seeing their reaction to a recent suicide attempt I made. I am willing to go away as long as it takes and to put in the work that it takes (trust me that is a HUGE step for me). I have contacted pretty much every hospital in the country specializing in eating disorders and none are able to take me as a research patient at this time. I have outpatient treatment scheduled Dec. 1, but they don’t even specialize in eating disorders. I am hoping you have something, some sort of financial hope for me. I look forward to hearing from you. I am open to suggestions. I have no insurance and am pending disability. I was our only source of income and have not worked since 9/2/11. My husband just got a part time job at wal mart. My children get Hoosier health wise and we get food stamps, but that doesn’t ease my financial dilemma of getting treatment for my disorder, including paying out of pocket costs to keep seeing my primary care physician. I hope to hear from someone soon : )

Sincerely,
Angela M Jones
112 E 13th St
Seymour, IN 47274
samj21498@yahoo.com
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need inpatient treatment for eating disorder

Post by Admin »

It is great that you are asking for help. We think the best thing to do may be to call some clinics in your area of Jackson County Indiana,, or maybe neighboring counties and towns as well. Now they may not be able to help you with your condition, but if they can't, hopefully they can tell you who to call for help or consultations. Find the Indiana clinics, including your town and county too. Many clinics can help people without insurance too, and my have disability programs as well.
jones21498 wrote:My name is Angela Jones. I am a 31yr old mother and wife. I have dealt with eating disorders since I was 12. In the past year I have gone from 198lbs to 112lbs and am seeking inpatient treatment (I cant seem to stick with outpatient treatment, not to mention at this point would probably not even be safe due to refeeding syndrome). I wanted to find out if you would be willing to help me, not just for me, but my family as well. I don’t feel like I can do this on my own, and I’m afraid it will kill me one day- I cant do that to my girls, especially after seeing their reaction to a recent suicide attempt I made. I am willing to go away as long as it takes and to put in the work that it takes (trust me that is a HUGE step for me). I have contacted pretty much every hospital in the country specializing in eating disorders and none are able to take me as a research patient at this time. I have outpatient treatment scheduled Dec. 1, but they don’t even specialize in eating disorders. I am hoping you have something, some sort of financial hope for me. I look forward to hearing from you. I am open to suggestions. I have no insurance and am pending disability. I was our only source of income and have not worked since 9/2/11. My husband just got a part time job at wal mart. My children get Hoosier health wise and we get food stamps, but that doesn’t ease my financial dilemma of getting treatment for my disorder, including paying out of pocket costs to keep seeing my primary care physician. I hope to hear from someone soon : )

Sincerely,
Angela M Jones
112 E 13th St
Seymour, IN 47274
samj21498@yahoo.com
jones21498

Re: Need inpatient treatment for eating disorder

Post by jones21498 »

My problem is that anyone specializing in eating disorders is at least an hour away. I have tried a couple of these programs and they were a joke (doesnt do much for my spirits). Meanwhile I will keep going to my PCP and see this licensed clinical social worker here in town, but I know it wont change the outcome. I know that sounds negative, but I've been there done that. I dont have enough control over myself to succeed outpatient and I know it! I am also caught between this dilemna that part of me wants/needs to get better and a part that doesnt want to get better as messed up as that sounds. I can be quite excentric, so outpatient I feel would be very hard on my family too. I'll make it happen someway, I just dont know how.