HELP with dental costs

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
N9VCK
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

HELP with dental costs

Post by N9VCK »

I have been recently diagnosed with advanced periodontal disease. They say I have to have all of my lower jaw teeth removed ASAP and medicate for the infection. The VA and Medicare do not cover dental issues. Medicaid can help only after a paydown of over $300 every month. I am retired and subsisting on S.S. and a 10% VA disability. After paying rent, utilities, groceries, and necessities, there is not enough left to pay over $300. I have searched and searched, online and by phone locally, and have not found even one dentist who would be willing to accept small payments. Monthly payments must be $50 or more. I could possible sqeeze out $20 per month. Most of them want the over $300 in cash up front and to extract the teeth all at once. If I do as they suggest, I will be homeless.
Anyone have any ideas? I'm at my wits end. I live in Indiana 46628.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: HELP with dental costs

Post by Admin »

Here is an extensive listing of community clinics in Indiana. Also use the navigate bar on left menu to find many other programs. While most of these clinics may focus on more health care and not dental, so may offer free dental services. If not, they can probably refer you to who to call. Strange on the government medicaid. I thought they were usually good about paying. Call the clinics though. The more calls you make, better chance of finding someone who can help.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ind ... clini.html
N9VCK wrote:I have been recently diagnosed with advanced periodontal disease. They say I have to have all of my lower jaw teeth removed ASAP and medicate for the infection. The VA and Medicare do not cover dental issues. Medicaid can help only after a paydown of over $300 every month. I am retired and subsisting on S.S. and a 10% VA disability. After paying rent, utilities, groceries, and necessities, there is not enough left to pay over $300. I have searched and searched, online and by phone locally, and have not found even one dentist who would be willing to accept small payments. Monthly payments must be $50 or more. I could possible sqeeze out $20 per month. Most of them want the over $300 in cash up front and to extract the teeth all at once. If I do as they suggest, I will be homeless.
Anyone have any ideas? I'm at my wits end. I live in Indiana 46628.
N9VCK

Post by N9VCK »

My income is slightly over $1000 per month. The Indiana Medicaid income level is $700 per month. The difference is over $300 pay down per month before they will assist. Yeah, right, $300 per month. That pay down still applies even if I have one extraction at a time in any month. The best I have found in my area is a dentist that charges $45 per tooth extraction which by my count of 14 teeth over 14 months would amount to $630. Then I would still have to figure out how to pay for dentures. If I take $300 out of my income for that I will be unable to pay my rent or at worst unable to pay 1 or more utility. After a shut-off on a utility, I would have to pay a very large deposit for turn-on. I don't know of anyone in Indiana able to live on $700 per month. The Federal poverty level for the continental U.S. ts $908. Ridiculous, huh?
N9VCK

Post by N9VCK »

Sorry "ADMIN". I meant to post this in the previous post:
Before I posted in the forum, I downloaded and printed as much of the info about Indiana clinics as I could find. All but 1 are in my area. 1 in my area has closed. Others are miles away. All and any dentists in my area are greedy and want big cash payments up front.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

OK, for more info and a listing of other clinics in Indiana, try calling Indiana Association of FCGLR at phone number of (219) 757-6272. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... cal_c.html
This is another link to free government support medical and health care clinics both in Indiana and across the country.

N9VCK wrote:Sorry "ADMIN". I meant to post this in the previous post:
Before I posted in the forum, I downloaded and printed as much of the info about Indiana clinics as I could find. All but 1 are in my area. 1 in my area has closed. Others are miles away. All and any dentists in my area are greedy and want big cash payments up front.
J Becket

Post by J Becket »

Hi .. I'm emailing you in hopes of finding a charity or organization that will help in uninsured unemployed people with medical needs like surgery or doctor visits. I’m in need of dental care but unfortunately no income or insurance, and I live in Riverdale GA. So i need a dentist around that area. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have a number of Georgia health care programs for the uninsured. We also have on the site dental and community clinics. Now some may charge you minimal fees, based on your income, but in genenral each will do its best to take care of you. There are government sponsored programs, including Medicaid, and programs such as PeachCare for Kids. If they can't cover your needs then maybe they can refer you to a place in the Riverdale region. The medical care programs are here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rams_.html
Luke Bryan

Post by Luke Bryan »

I am only 58 years old. I am disabled and on SSID since 2002, due to Hepatitis C, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, severe stomach problems, and a few other things I really can't recall.
I need serious help with dentistry issues. I have lost my right tooth next to the front one. My two front teeth will soon be gone as well, they are turning black now. I have other issues as well which make it very difficult to chew.
I have no money at all. I get $875.00 a month in SSID and that is all. After I pay my rent and other bills, I have nothing left over. No insurance as I cannot afford it.
Can someone PLEASE HELP ME???