Types of free medical care

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
michellemcgee36

Types of free medical care

Post by michellemcgee36 »

Can I get a free surgery? Or what types of health care are provided by agencies or others? Please send me info on these programs.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Types of free medical care

Post by Admin »

michellemcgee36 wrote:Can I get a free surgery? Or what types of health care are provided by agencies or others? Please send me info on these programs.
Shepherd's Hope, Inc and Mission of Mercy, Inc. are two good groups to provide free health care and medical assistance.
ShaunaM

Post by ShaunaM »

Any other groups that can help with surgery or hospital bills? I have debts to pay off and am swamped
Tommy10As

Post by Tommy10As »

Hello, I am inquiring on information to help out a friend, he lives in Houston, Harris County and has just been released from the VA hospital. He has major illness that prevent him from being employed at this time, however this did not stop him from being a substitute teacher up until the day he was admitted into the hospital. He also is a veteran. Here is my question, due to all these compilations I've listed he is worried more about paying his rent and medical bills at his current residence of 9 years, than he is about his recovery. Even having food to eat every day is a struggle for him at this time. He is unable to drive until he recuperates and heels, his dr. s told him NOT to work for at least 6 to 8 weeks and he's having severe stress over it all, as I am sure anyone would. Is there any information you'd may be able to send on rental assistance or utility help? So he will be able to stop stressing and help him through this healing process? I live in Tucson Arizona however I would be happy to relay the information on to him. As of now he is on bed rest, so I am not really sure what's available but anything would be greatly appreciated for my dear friend. I have attached his information if you'd like to speak to him directly that's wonderful. God bless
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did your friend try calling the Community Services Department in Houston and Harris County. This may be the leading social services agency to call for help, including rent and housing. Regarding medical bills, those are more difficult. Try a credit counselor for existing bills. However for any future health care your friend needs, look into free clinics in Houston Texas. The department referenced above will definitely have a list of them, and we also have information on Harris County community clinics on our main site. So read more on Harris County financial assistance and government programs.
Tommy10As wrote:Hello, I am inquiring on information to help out a friend, he lives in Houston, Harris County and has just been released from the VA hospital. He has major illness that prevent him from being employed at this time, however this did not stop him from being a substitute teacher up until the day he was admitted into the hospital. He also is a veteran. Here is my question, due to all these compilations I've listed he is worried more about paying his rent and medical bills at his current residence of 9 years, than he is about his recovery. Even having food to eat every day is a struggle for him at this time. He is unable to drive until he recuperates and heels, his dr. s told him NOT to work for at least 6 to 8 weeks and he's having severe stress over it all, as I am sure anyone would. Is there any information you'd may be able to send on rental assistance or utility help? So he will be able to stop stressing and help him through this healing process? I live in Tucson Arizona however I would be happy to relay the information on to him. As of now he is on bed rest, so I am not really sure what's available but anything would be greatly appreciated for my dear friend. I have attached his information if you'd like to speak to him directly that's wonderful. God bless
Lester

Post by Lester »

I am a 50yr old licensed electrical contractor [one man shop]. With the current economy I was making little money. The bright right side is I haven't had to pay taxes. Also my ability to do the little work I do get has been seriously curtailed. I have several serious health issues. I have cirrhosis of the liver,inoperable gallstones due to the likelihood of bleeding to death. I have bad knees,one of them I had surgery on,which ended up making it worse than the other one. I have a bad back and sleep apnea. I also have rectal bleeding. I had ulcerative colitis that was in remission. I believe it may have become active again. I am having a colonoscopy. I also had an accident in my work van and don't know if it will be repairable. I have a 2,500.00 deductible. I don't have funds to cover that. I found out I am not eligible for state disability. Stupid me didn't know you had to pay for that coverage separately if your self employed. SSI is a possibility. The problem is I didn't use brand name health insurance companies and I am having trouble obtaining my old records. One doctor moved back to Pakistan, another says he doesn't know what happened to my records, so on and so forth. I have a wife and 6yr old son to support. My wife is working at about minimum wage in daycare. No benefits. Not even unemployment or money going into her social security. I need re-training in a non physical labor job. Ive been told I don't have the right kind of voice for tele-marketing. I just want to be able to take care of my family.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a very high deductible. But even with the new affordable care act in place, medical bills will still be a challenge to pay, not to mention those premiums from it. So not really sure what you are asking for here. You medical records? We can't help there. We do have information on job training and free medical care programs on the site, and that information is very detailed. More free medical care.