My Health insurance not paying hospice care

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
SouthernGirl
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

My Health insurance not paying hospice care

Post by SouthernGirl »

A few years ago, my daughter was hurt by the man who was my main income. Then we had other bills come up, and then health insurance did not pay for hospice. When he was arrested the victim’s advocacy fund helped for about 3 months. Not realizing that he didn't pay the property taxes are there rent for almost 2 years I had to catch up really quickly. Last year my roof collapse and I had to put 60 Grand worth of money back into the house to pull down the sheetrock. I had to pull out the insulation to put the sheetrock back up. Then I had to put new insulation in the house and demold the house get a new roof. I was working as a hospice aide at this time and figured it out. My dad got sick about 2 years ago and back in June of this year he came home on hospice. My family’s medical insurance did not pay for hospice aide and would not let him come home unless someone was with him 24/7. So, I had to quit my job to come home and take care of my parent who is a vet of the Navy from the USS America. My gas got shut off today and I have a 900 and I could use some help. I usually do not ask for help because I assume most people need it more than I do, and I know hospice is pricey. I have an 8 year old little girl who needs to be able to take a shower and get something to eat. If there's any way you can help me with this gas as well as hospice bill I would highly appreciate it. If someone could please email me back that would be amazing thank you very much.           
March

Re: My Health insurance not paying hospice care

Post by March »

Hi, my name is Katharina and I stay in el Paso Texas. My mom just recently died on January 3rd. She was using hospice which our insurance did not pay for. I was just wondering is there any type of program that could help me pay for the services or the bills from hospice care. I wanted to have her cremated. The funeral home that I had contacted told me that without the service just straight cremation with the temporary and picking up the body from the hospital is $1900.. But if someone could possibly give me a call or write me back I would really appreciate it. My health insurance will not pay the hospice or funeral bills.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: My Health insurance not paying hospice care

Post by Admin »

While of course we do not know for sure, a good place to try is an agency on aging center. Many of them have details on grant programs, hospice assistance, and insurance for the sick or elderly. Find out details, and read more on elderly assistance from Aging on Aging.
March wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:41 am She was using hospice which our insurance did not pay for. I was just wondering is there any type of program that could help me pay for the services or the bills from hospice care.