Medicaid not enough

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Mr. Mike
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Medicaid not enough

Post by Mr. Mike »

I am on disability and Medicaid but no one will give me exam or glasses unless I pay hundreds of dollars that I don't have. It's been 4 years since my last exam. I have cataracts, stigmatism, glaucoma I think, please excuse my spelling. They said I am duel eligible for Medicaid and Medicare but I wasn't able to pick a plan this year because none of them cover all my doctors, so because of that I can't get the glasses I desperately need.
I was told about you guys and just hoping you can help me. Also my sister lives with me she only has a blue card right now she gets from health department as insurance of some kind I really don't know how that works, but my sister has no other ins at the moment she applied for disability but that will take a while. She really needs an exam and glasses BAD! I wear bifocals and have always been near sighted now I have to look through the bottom part of my glasses to see anything and it's still hard to see, please if you can help my sister and me we would be so very thankful! We live in Largo, Thank you for your time.
RinaEllis

Re: Medicaid not enough

Post by RinaEllis »

Good afternoon. I'm inquiring about the Medicaid assistance program. Recently I’m dealing with Financial setbacks. In results I've been unable to pay my medical bills and Medicaid is not enough for me. I'm already 2 months behind. As of February 1st, I'll be facing default on medical bills and forced to move out of my apartment. I haven't been able to find a job and I have 9 year old child. I only get $234.00 in food stamps each month and no cash assistance and a little Medicaid.
 If possible, can you direct me to the correct department that will assist me? I don't know what else to do and I'm running out of time.
I am from Boynton Beach, FL. You can reach me.
I'm looking forward to hearing from someone soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Social services in your state will handle Medicaid. But you have many other needs if you are also behind on your bills. We suggest Homecare services for the disabled. Maybe they can help give you a place to stay that may not relay on Medicaid funds.
RinaEllis wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:39 pm Good afternoon. I'm inquiring about the Medicaid assistance program. Recently I’m dealing with Financial setbacks. In results I've been unable to pay my medical bills and Medicaid is not enough for me. I'm already 2 months behind. As of February 1st, I'll be facing default on medical bills and forced to move out of my apartment. I haven't been able to find a job and I have 9 year old child. I only get $234.00 in food stamps each month and no cash assistance and a little Medicaid.
 If possible, can you direct me to the correct department that will assist me? I don't know what else to do and I'm running out of time.
I am from Boynton Beach, FL. You can reach me.
I'm looking forward to hearing from someone soon.
Krampus

Post by Krampus »

Hello,
My name is Teresita. I am 68 years old living with my daughter and her family here in Warrensburg MO and I am on Medicaid, but it is not enough for me. I was hospitalized several times last year from. A heart attack and had surgery. I have been sent so many medical Bill's and struggling to pay and looking for help.
I already have Medicaid and Medicare part A and B not active until July of this year.
My kids have helped me pay almost $6000 already and now the helicopter ride to another hospital has sent me a $30,000 bill.
I do not work and only rely on my youngest daughter to help me and I'm living with her and her family.
Is there any other assistance I can apply for as Medicaid is not enough for my healthcare bills?
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Medicaid does have premiums, costs, etc. as you indicated. It sounds like you have a wide range of medical needs, and if so, try a free community health care clinic. They can give you either free or sliding fee care, and since you are 68 there may be more options for you.

Krampus wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:39 am Hello,
My name is Teresita. I am 68 years old living with my daughter and her family here in Warrensburg MO and I am on Medicaid, but it is not enough for me. I was hospitalized several times last year from. A heart attack and had surgery. I have been sent so many medical Bill's and struggling to pay and looking for help.