My eyeglasses are broken and need replacing

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Kornheiser
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My eyeglasses are broken and need replacing

Post by Kornheiser »

I am 21 years old and the only income I receive is food stamps (SNAP) which is $194.00 per month. The lions club helped me get my glasses over a year ago but they are now falling apart and the screws won't hold the lenses in, and also I think my eye sight has gotten worse and weaker and I think I need the lenses changed...If you could please help me I would be very grateful! Thank you and Gob Bless You,
Maf_red

Re: My eyeglasses are broken and need replacing

Post by Maf_red »

Medicaid paid for my eyeglasses but someone accidentally broke them. I'm not eligible for replacement for 2 years. The lens are fine, it is going to cost 60.00 to replace the frames, which I simply do not have. Is there anyone who can help me with cost of replacing frames, any amount will help. I need my glasses & they are unwearable. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sometimes Lions Club offers gently used frames. While most of their aid is for kids, they may also help people of all other ages too. Especially as $60 is not a ton of money. But you may be stuck with the eyeglass frames they give you and they may not be stylish. So try that national charity for advice.
Maf_red wrote:Medicaid paid for my eyeglasses but someone accidentally broke them. I'm not eligible for replacement for 2 years. The lens are fine, it is going to cost 60.00 to replace the frames, which I simply do not have. Is there anyone who can help me with cost of replacing frames, any amount will help. I need my glasses & they are unwearable. Thank you.
Reiner

Post by Reiner »

I am a Care Manager with Humana.  I visit Humana members every other week in their home to make sure they are doing well.  I have a member that is needing eyeglasses but his policy doesn’t cover glasses and he cannot afford the $100.00 to purchase them and his other glassess broke.  Does your organization assist with eyeglasses?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  
Thank you,
Care Manager Humana AT Home
Olivia

Post by Olivia »

I am Quinn Amaro, 56, receiving monthly SSI check. I broke my glasses and I need help to have new glasses replaced. I am in debt and will not have the money I need until next year to pay for an eye exam and new glasses that I need now. This is why I am contacting you. I need help that I cannot pay for myself. I live in Salem, Oregon.
Please respond as don as possible. Thank you.
Lumineers1

Post by Lumineers1 »

Hi, my name is Mary and I am staying at Safe Passages in Batesville IN. I am reaching out to you because there is a momma here with 2 children who left a really bad situation and is having such a hard time as their eyeglasses are broken. Her 11year old daughter is involved in sports in school and her glasses were broken 3 days ago. This little girl is having such a hard time without them and I found momma crying in the corner tonight. Is there anyways of you helping her? It’s bad enough its Christmas and we are all stuck here and can’t give our children Christmas, but watching a child struggle with something they NEED and you can’t help is awful. Please help her. Or email back please.