preventive colonoscopy

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
MyHealth1952
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

preventive colonoscopy

Post by MyHealth1952 »

My family has a history of colon cancer, and I have been diagonosed in 2005 with ulcerative colitus. My younger brother has prostrate cancer (but he has gov't job and good insurance). My income has dropped by 75% and I no longer have health insurance (I am 57), and barely getting by. I need to have a colonsocopy and blood tests for a reasonable fee.... and a reasonable payment schedule. Of course, if they should find something wrong with me I have no idea what happens then? Are there any clinics for me? I can travel up to 200 miles if needed. I live in Osceola County, Florida and I am NOT a veteran, single, no dependants.
helper

Re: preventive colonoscopy

Post by helper »

Here is a great resource to find a government clinic. It covers all areas. http://www.findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/

Also, here is a listing of national charity organizations Many of these provide health care and services. Review the list and see if some of these may help for your situation.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

I am not sure if a clinic can help with something as serious as colon cancer, but you can look into it. Here is a listing of free clinics in Florida.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... _flor.html

The Florida free clinics can definitely help people if they lack health insurance, so can help with other medical needs you may have. Even not being a veteran you still have free or low cost options for you.

MyHealth1952 wrote:My family has a history of colon cancer, and I have been diagonosed in 2005 with ulcerative colitus. My younger brother has prostrate cancer (but he has gov't job and good insurance). My income has dropped by 75% and I no longer have health insurance (I am 57), and barely getting by. I need to have a colonsocopy and blood tests for a reasonable fee.... and a reasonable payment schedule. Of course, if they should find something wrong with me I have no idea what happens then? Are there any clinics for me? I can travel up to 200 miles if needed. I live in Osceola County, Florida and I am NOT a veteran, single, no dependants.
Lebron

Post by Lebron »

Hi,
I am writing to find out where my sister Therese, can go to get a free colonoscopy. She is 55 years old, but she has no insurance, not old enough yet they tell her to get the medical card. Her doctors keep telling her she need to get one, our sister had colon cancer. But she does not have the money so they will not do the colonoscopy. She lives in Tampico, Illinois.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Now we do not know if the colonoscopy will be free or not, but there are cancer programs your sister can try. Also since she is 55 maybe some care for seniors/elderly will be available to her.
Lebron wrote:Hi,
I am writing to find out where my sister Therese, can go to get a free colonoscopy. She is 55 years old, but she has no insurance, not old enough yet they tell her to get the medical card. Her doctors keep telling her she need to get one, our sister had colon cancer. But she does not have the money so they will not do the colonoscopy. She lives in Tampico, Illinois.
Ahhdaddy

Post by Ahhdaddy »

I have been on these sites a million times.
They don't cover the medications I need for a colonoscopy.
I have called and called. They give me 40% off on 1 medication so I could prevent a colonoscopy. I still can't afford it. Even with the discount it's around 25.00.
I call these places they either can't help me, put me on to someone else. I tell them how DESPERATE I am and never hear from them again. One place promised to get back to me. That was 2 months ago.
I don't have a computer either.
My vision is getting worse from my diabetes.
My neuropathy is unbearable.
My bills for the colonoscopy to prevent cancer are costly.
The doctor I go to doesn't matter when it comes to seeing the doctor. I need to pay I'm in desperate need to see a rheumatologist. I had to go to the emergency room for an acute bladder infection. I have several back injuries.
I need help to fill out forms because of my vision.
I worked 25 years, and babysat my grandbabies. My ex husband didn't want me to work because he traveled so much. I haven't worked in 15 years.
Now for the FIRST time in my life I need something back and nobody cares.